Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
PCreighton
Enthusiast
PCreighton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2; Kindle WIFI 6";IPAD 2
Converter - what file

This may be a silly question, however please be nice.
If I have a book and it is saved in format, lit and pdf when I convert it will it pick the best one to convert to mobi for me.
PCreighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCreighton View Post
This may be a silly question, however please be nice.
If I have a book and it is saved in format, lit and pdf when I convert it will it pick the best one to convert to mobi for me.
Best

When you start the converter (a single file was selected):
In the upper LEFT there is a formats, picklist box. You can choose :0
Then you can set the overides below (or use your system preferences that you previously set. Right! )

Converting from the version closest to the original is usually a good choice. EXCEPT: when the choice did not support styling (eg TXT).
PDF has its own set of problems when re-flowed.

Once you convert, Calibre files those settings, so if you convert again, they will be used. UNLESS you click the reset defaults button near the bottom.
Have fun
If at first you don't succed, click reset and try again.
NOTE: keep a copy of your originals elsewhere:
you can convert LIT to LIT and win, or lose the game
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
PCreighton
Enthusiast
PCreighton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2; Kindle WIFI 6";IPAD 2
Can I not do bulk converts and do all same file type have to exist in each folder
PCreighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:46 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
You can do bulk converts and calibre picks the file type according to the settings you have set on the first page of preferences
My understanding is that .lit is the best to convert from although not always the case.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote