Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #16
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Another person suggested wishing on a falling star - that seems to incorporate best. But thanks for the ideas!
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:10 AM   #17
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Don't for get the Pinocchio style tales either...
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #18
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Another person suggested wishing on a falling star - that seems to incorporate best. But thanks for the ideas!
I tried wishing on a star often when I was a kid. Didn't work though. I stayed an only child.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #19
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

story finished - about 1,000 words. anyone want an alpha draft, pm me with your email address.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #20
Andy Farman
Connoisseur
Andy Farman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
hm. I'm not sure how I could work that into my story - it's about a little couple trying to have a baby, and buying into all the myths. It's actually an adoption story, so there's no sex ed in it - it's for a bit of a younger crowd.
Sleeping the night on the ancient Cerne Giant hill carving to bring fertility.

Writing a wish down and burying it in the garden, perhaps? I heard that in Africa.

You could try another way of course but its been done before. A wood carver and his wife always wanted a little boy.......
Andy Farman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #21
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How about this as the basis of a myth:
Ripley's Fertility Statues
Old 06-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #22
BeccaPrice
Wizard

hey, this is a children's story!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #23
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
hey, this is a children's story!
True, but even so such a statue could be worked into a story I'd think. Maybe the mother tells the kid that she went on a quest to a shrine where such a statue is to be found and shortly after she had her baby delivered by some miraculous way or something.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #24
BeccaPrice
Wizard

the baby story is finished, and I think it's pretty good.

now, if someone wants to write an intense quarrel or fight scene for me.... I don't do conflict well, but as someone pointed out in another forum, people rationally talking out their differences and coming to a compromise makes for a rather boring ending.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #25
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
the baby story is finished, and I think it's pretty good.

now, if someone wants to write an intense quarrel or fight scene for me.... I don't do conflict well, but as someone pointed out in another forum, people rationally talking out their differences and coming to a compromise makes for a rather boring ending.
True, story = conflict more often than not.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:23 AM   #26
BeccaPrice
Wizard

Even my psychiatrist tells me I'm too nice. My kids and husband agree. It makes writing conflict scenes really difficult.