Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 11-08-2007, 12:57 PM   #16
bowerbird
Banned
bowerbird has been very, very naughtybowerbird has been very, very naughtybowerbird has been very, very naughty

jacheson said:
> It's not that I'm down on Google,
> it's just that this is still so much vaporware.

sounds like a very sensible attitude to me.

for those who prefer some funny with their sensibility,
i suggest reading this entry, from the fake steve jobs:
> http://fakesteve.blogspot.com/2007/1...-alliance.html

i love fake steve. he's the best read in cyberspace.

and, just so you know, bob lefsetz is the second-best:
> http://www.lefsetz.com

-bowerbird
bowerbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #17
JAcheson
Tech Writer
JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, Vizio Tablet, Nexus 10
Access

Not to get too far off topic, but ACCESS is based out of Japan. And it is entirely possible that they are initially concentrating on either the Japanese market, or the Southeast Asian markets, rather than trying to break into North America.

From that article on Brighthand, it seems that ACCESS is a finished product, if they are giving it out on demonstration hardware. (Thanks for the reference, BTW, it was an interesting read.)

Getting back to ANDROID, another big if is whether Apple's attempts to open up the iPhone to developers yield any, er, fruit.
JAcheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #18
newGrl
newGrl began at the beginning.

Device: LG
Smile

Hi!
Can you please tell me about the new advancements and studies going on in the field of Google Android? What are the disadvantages/limitations of this platform and how can they be overcome?
newGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #19
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by newGrl View Post
Hi! Can you please tell me about the new advancements and studies going on in the field of Google Android? What are the disadvantages/limitations of this platform and how can they be overcome?
Short form: Google Android is an open source smartphone OS development effort, based on an embedded Linux kernel. Thus far, HTC and Dell have announced plans to create devices based on it.

Long form: http://code.google.com/android/
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote