Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Cleaning the Kindle Fire's back?

Someone at Amazon has grubby fingers literally not figuratively. My replacement Fire came to me dirty. I open the box and it was dirty inside and so was the plastic bag. It looks like they did a quick rub down on the front of the screen removing most but not all finger prints then stuck it back in the bag.

At first I looked at the top and on the side of the unit it looked like some of the shiny black plastic had peeled off. I took a flashlight it make sure I wasn't seeing a trick of the light.

Much later after I gave the screen a good cleaning to get rid of the fingerprints and dust I noticed afterwards the rub marks as I called them looked smaller. *scratches head*

Suddenly a light bulb went off in my head. I took a damp cloth to those spots and would you know it came right off and underneath was shiny black plastic!

So I took a very damp cloth to the rest of the unit but the back needs something more then water. So I ask how do you clean the back of your KF?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I use Pixelclean Wet and Dry packets for all my LCD screens for TV's and gadgets available here:

http://www.amazon.com/PixelClean-Wet...7585686&sr=1-3

On gadgets like the Fire only just touch the Wet Wipe to the middle of the screen and then clean with the Dry Wipe. TV's get a full rub down with the Wet before using the Dry.

I don't use protective covers on any of my gadgets and only use the wipes on gadgets when the dirt is noticeable. A little dirt doesn't hurt if you cannot see it. Never use the Wet Wipe near the edges of any TV or gadget.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I use Pixelclean Wet and Dry packets for all my LCD screens for TV's and gadgets available here:

http://www.amazon.com/PixelClean-Wet...7585686&sr=1-3

On gadgets like the Fire only just touch the Wet Wipe to the middle of the screen and then clean with the Dry Wipe. TV's get a full rub down with the Wet before using the Dry.

I don't use protective covers on any of my gadgets and only use the wipes on gadgets when the dirt is noticeable. A little dirt doesn't hurt if you cannot see it. Never use the Wet Wipe near the edges of any TV or gadget.
Thanks for the screen I use a very damp microfiber cloth. It's the rubbery back that isn't cleaning well. I was wondering what to use on it.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Ramer84015
Ramer84015 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Sort of off topic, but I'd be back on the phone with Amazon and let them know the condition of the replacement you received. They really do have good customer service.
Ramer84015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
Sort of off topic, but I'd be back on the phone with Amazon and let them know the condition of the replacement you received. They really do have good customer service.
I agree on the good customer service. I think whoever packed it needed their hands washed. I do think replacements that are refurbished get tested before they are put in the box. Whoever it was needed their hands washed. I could call and complain but it's not a huge issue. The tablet works great.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
Ramer84015
Ramer84015 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I agree on the good customer service. I think whoever packed it needed their hands washed. I do think replacements that are refurbished get tested before they are put in the box. Whoever it was needed their hands washed. I could call and complain but it's not a huge issue. The tablet works great.
That's not always true about refurbished items. I once got a replacement DVR from a "major satellite company" that still had someone else's programs on the hard drive! Also, any company that handles electronics should have their employees wearing gloves so something just seems off. But if you're happy, that's the bottom line
Ramer84015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
That's not always true about refurbished items. I once got a replacement DVR from a "major satellite company" that still had someone else's programs on the hard drive! Also, any company that handles electronics should have their employees wearing gloves so something just seems off. But if you're happy, that's the bottom line
It does seem odd. My replacement K4 was brand new but if this one goes down they will send another one.

Amazon said they test all replacement Kindles before sending if it's refurbished. Rather they were telling the truth I don't know.
they wont call it refurbished they call it new just tested.