Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
cloudyvisions
Enthusiast
cloudyvisions is on a distinguished road

Device: Amazon Kindle
What happened to the info on my right side bar?

This is probably a stupid question, but I have a Mac and am using version .7.54, which I'm assuming is the most recent, and I've noticed that I don't have the info on the right side bar that I usually have...format types listed, tags, location path, and summary, for those books that have one. Now it's just a blank space...but I think the text is there because when there is a summary, I can scroll down...I just don't see anything.

Is what I'm talking about...I think the summary is there, but it's just not visible. Was there a change with a recent update that I need to fix so I can see this info?

Thanks for any help!
cloudyvisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'd guess the problem is with font colors. Try dragiing the area where the text should be with your mouse and if I'm right, the text will show up.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
cloudyvisions
Enthusiast

This is what happens when I try to highlight the text. And it's this way with every story, not just 1 or 2 or from one specific publisher, so I'm not really quite sure what to do. Should I reinstall the program?

Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm, I'm not really an OS X guru, so I'm not sure what could cause this. Did you change some font/color setting son your system recently. I doubt re-installing will help, but it can't hurt to try.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
cloudyvisions
Enthusiast

I haven't changed anything...I did some updates a few days ago, but that was a small system update I believe. Nothing major, and I think it was still working 2 days ago.

I will try reinstalling and if that doesn't work, I might try a slightly older version...
Old 04-15-2011, 01:03 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
This seems like the "Set custom metadata fields that the book details panel will or will not display" tweak on steroids.

If reinstalling doesn't work try quitting calibre, renaming your configuration directory and restarting calibre. When restarting just point to your library and see what happens.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-15-2011 at 01:06 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:29 AM   #7
cloudyvisions
Enthusiast

Hey! That did it! Thank you for that suggestion...I don't know what was causing the problem, but that seemed to solve it. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:42 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyvisions View Post
Hey! That did it! Thank you for that suggestion...I don't know what was causing the problem, but that seemed to solve it. Thanks!
Renaming the configuration directory causes calibre to create a fresh configuration directory. Any settings or plugins will now have to be re-entered or re-added.

Whenever you desire you can delete the old configuration directory.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-15-2011 at 01:44 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote