Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
PocketBook US site opened... :)

Just found a site for the US seller of PocketBook devices here:

http://www.PocketBookReader.com

No 360's or 302's in stock yet but soon they said. They do have the 301 model in stock.

We'll see but it is a start...price is going to be a very important thing...then again if their devices work great an extra bit might not matter, then again I like a bargain.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #2
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
The 302 looks, interesting. The screen is super shiny though.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
The 302 looks, interesting. The screen is super shiny though.
Yeah, all of the passive (finger type) touch displays all have a shiny display. I guess it has something to do with the requirements of the given technology. The PRS-600 is almost a mirror when the light hits it in just the right fashion.

I have a Nokia N800 Internet Tablet which also has a very glossy display and uses, what I assume is the same type of touch interface...but I can put a matte finish protector over it and actually improve the touch response and eliminate those horrid reflections. This is given that the eink-type displays do not actively emitt light, adding a matte finish will likely really affect the display...

Dang...I just checked and my local Staples is out of stock on the PRS600 so it's a 40mi round trip to see one up close. Must be patient...much prefer feature set on Pocketbook 302 or iRex DR800...must be patient...give it time...hehehehe...
Old 10-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #4
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Yeah. I saw the PRS-600 up close, and it's really not that bad. The 302 probably isn't that bad in regular light either.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:42 AM   #5
brecklundin
Banned

thanks for the info on the PRS-600...I suspect the 302 will be the same as well. Time and reviewers will tell.

One thing about glossy on a reader vs. glossy on a laptop is you can adjust a reader to compensate for the lighting more consistently and easier than a laptop or non-convertible netbook.
Advert