Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2023, 05:09 PM   #31
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
In theory, the Sage should still have slightly better clarity due to its lack of a Wacom layer, right? Of course, the downside is the pen needs a battery.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 06:05 PM   #32
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
In theory, the Sage should still have slightly better clarity due to its lack of a Wacom layer, right? Of course, the downside is the pen needs a battery.
The question would be if an On-cell layer or a Wacom layer would have more effect on the clarity.

Also note, the response I got about the Sage having the On-cell touch layer was not from an official source and while I've found them to be quite reliable, they've missed the mark on a couple of occasions.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2023, 06:08 PM   #33
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I would use the Libra 2 more if it was lighter, and if the screen was as good as the Sage's. It is yellowish, though not as much as the first Libra which I exchanged twice because of it.
Yes, the screen is not white like the Clara 2e. And not as white as the Kindle.
I really would like if it was more white than grey-green.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 06:11 PM   #34
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would like the next Libra 2E to be the same as the Aura H2O with a 7" screen, faster processor, and a bigger battery even if that means more weight. It would mean no buttons that I don't use.
I could live without the buttons since I got an elastic band to hold my reader better.
Old 10-01-2023, 06:12 PM   #35
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Some comments on things people would want with a Libra 2E, but no mention of the "E". Does anyone want the "E"?

Future wise : absolutely.
Advert
Old 10-01-2023, 06:15 PM   #36
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

As far as usability, maybe it affects the weight or feel of the device.
Exactly what I'm thinking.

Good for the planet and lighter.
Old 10-01-2023, 06:16 PM   #37
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I would like an 8 in Libra. I don't want the sage with its writing layer which cuts down clarity, adds weight, and reduces battery life

Good points.
Old 10-01-2023, 06:17 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
I could live without the buttons since I got an elastic band to hold my reader better.
But even if a new Libra 2 was the same design, I still want a faster processor and a battery with more charge.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 06:17 PM   #39
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Yes, the screen is not white like the Clara 2e. And not as white as the Kindle.
I really would like if it was more white than grey-green.
That's what the frontlight is for.
Quote:
What has this to do with buttons?

Personally, I need buttons because I don't want fingerprints on the screen. That's the only reason, and how I hold my readers has nothing to do with it. I'm not going to buy any ereader without buttons.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 06:23 PM   #40
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
That's what the frontlight is for.
It's still not white, more green to me. I compared it to Clara 2e and latest Kindle Paperwhite. Night and day.

Quote:
Personally, I need buttons because I don't want fingerprints on the screen. That's the only reason, and how I hold my readers has nothing to do with it. I'm not going to buy any ereader without buttons.
I used to prefer buttons. I guess my hands are cleaner than yours.
Old 10-01-2023, 06:25 PM   #41
deleted2
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But even if a new Libra 2 was the same design, I still want a faster processor and a battery with more charge.

Larger battery will add more weight. I'm OK as it is, but of course I wouldn't mind if the battery was better, but not if it adds more weight.
Old 10-01-2023, 06:30 PM   #42
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's still not white, more green to me. I compared it to Clara 2e and latest Kindle Paperwhite. Night and day.
Mine is certainly white and not greenish at all. My Sage is greenish without the warm light.
Quote:
I used to prefer buttons. I guess my hands are cleaner than yours.
I very much doubt it. Every person's skin is unique - skin bacteria, oil and sweat production, it all differs from person to person. Your hands are probably just much drier than mine. I can wash my hands 10 times a day and still leave fingerprints on any screen I touch. Nothing I can do about it other than avoid touching the screen with my fingers.

Or maybe I just have better eyesight.

Last edited by Sirtel; 10-01-2023 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-01-2023, 06:40 PM   #43
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Larger battery will add more weight. I'm OK as it is, but of course I wouldn't mind if the battery was better, but not if it adds more weight.
In this we are in complete agreement.
Old 10-01-2023, 07:01 PM   #44
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I can wash my hands 10 times a day and still leave fingerprints on any screen I touch.
Captain Stylus to the rescue!
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 07:19 PM   #45
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Captain Stylus to the rescue!
Yeah, I do use a stylus for anything else than page turning; it's too bothersome for that.