Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #16
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
I have a 4.2 and task manager, clear memory every time I shut it off keeps the battery up nicely. Without that it runs down about 20 % over night.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #17
mobilelover
Enthusiast
mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Yes, I think it was actually the rogue-type app thing that you mention. The built-in task manager listed it. Didn't really need anything else. Everything is great now, back to minimal battery discharge.
I still ought to clean up the apps. Plus I have a 32 GB disk to load with media and use to replace the 8gb that is currently in place.
Good to know you found the solution to your problem, I too have several unwanted apps in my Optimus phone but I can not remove them without rooting which I do not wish to do.
mobilelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #18
hapmas77
Connoisseur
hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, Kindle PW
For me, battery draining is usually because of:
1. Latitude - automatic background location reporting. Untick the box to save battery
2. chrome - setting - basic - tap on your gmail account - Sync is on - set to off to save battery
3. Whatsapp application - this drains battery faster when on. And, everytime you restart your phone, it will automatically set sync to on without asking.

If you are willing, you can also hard reset your galaxy player. I found out that after hard reset my device, I would install far less applications than before, therefore saving battery life and space.
hapmas77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #19
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilelover View Post
Good to know you found the solution to your problem, I too have several unwanted apps in my Optimus phone but I can not remove them without rooting which I do not wish to do.
Root root! It's the best!

If you can't root and you have an ICS or newer phone (4.0+), you can always disable pre-installed apps. They'll still take up space on your phone but they'll no longer run or appear in your app drawer. It's a super easy way to manage bloat.
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote