Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-31-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Any Tricks for KT Collection Creating

I am finding it increasingly difficult to create collections as the total # of books in my KT grows.

I usually create collections by author. I thought that if I changed sorting to by author that would solve my problem but to see the collection (and select add items for that collection) you have to be in collection view. This means when you add items you have to scroll through all of the books in your collection.

I was hoping some of the old Kindle pros had some techniques for doing this that I haven't figured out yet.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
dmcounts
Enthusiast
dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!dmcounts , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: K2, K3-3G/WIFI
I haven't utilized it for that purpose but I understand Calibre can be of assistance with creating and maintaining your collections on your KT.

Oops, it appears the Calibre plugin does not work with the KT:
Quote:
This plugin does not work on Kindle Touch because Amazon changed the way the Kindle manages collections on the Touch. This cannot be fixed by modifying the plugin since the collection information is no longer accessible by users. You may want to contact Amazon and ask them to provide a way to manage your collections without having to edit them using the Kindle..

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118635

don

Last edited by dmcounts; 12-31-2011 at 05:19 PM.
dmcounts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As I understand, there is an addin for Calibre that supports Kindle collections but that addin is not supported for the Touch.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
If you are in Author sort order, you can quickly search for an author by tapping the 'Page x of y' label at top right and typing 2 or 3 letters of the author name. From other sort orders, you can search by title in a similar manner. And you can jump to a page the same way. There's no need to scroll through everything.

I don't use collections very much. It just seems much less efficient than search, particularly since you have to do all the work to organize the content and keep it organized (calibre or no calibre). I probably have close to 300 books/items on my KT now and it is easy to find everything quickly without having everything in a collection. I use 'by most recent' order most of the time and use collections only for things I don't plan to access very often (reference books, PDF user manuals, samples I haven't read yet).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
Larla
Addict

Thanks tomsem -- that is exactly what I was looking for. I had been trying to change sort order by using the menu and when I did that it took me out of the ""add to a collection" mode. I see now that I can change the sort order by tapping on the left side of top line and I stay in "add to collection mode".

Thanks again --
Advert