Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
PaulineDesigns
Connoisseur
PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, HS M700, Axim w/uBook
Copy to Library

What happens with duplicates when you use copy to library? I have some books in a temporary library that I want moved to my main library and want the tags, etc. from the temp library to be the ones that are saved. Some of the books are duplicates of books already in the main library and some are not.

I believe I could also use the add books function (from the main library) and set it to overwrite duplicates and then go back and delete them from the temp library? I think it would be easier just to use copy to library if possible.

I am new to calibre so I hope I explained this correctly. Any advice on the best way to do this would be appreciated. Thanks!
PaulineDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulineDesigns View Post
What happens with duplicates when you use copy to library? I have some books in a temporary library that I want moved to my main library and want the tags, etc. from the temp library to be the ones that are saved. Some of the books are duplicates of books already in the main library and some are not.

I believe I could also use the add books function (from the main library) and set it to overwrite duplicates and then go back and delete them from the temp library? I think it would be easier just to use copy to library if possible.

I am new to calibre so I hope I explained this correctly. Any advice on the best way to do this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Look at Preferences:
Adding Books.
also look at 'Tweaks' with 'Tags' in their name

Last edited by theducks; 05-14-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: spelling
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
PaulineDesigns
Connoisseur
PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, HS M700, Axim w/uBook
Awesome! Thank you, got it working just how I want it now
PaulineDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote