Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2023, 12:28 AM   #1
disako4938
disako4938 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Disable update when selecting Sync

ahoy, boys and gals! have recently been borrowing books from library and i always hate when kobo forces me to update every time i click sync. hope there was a way to click sync and get borrowed books on my kobo without having to update. is there a way to do it?
disako4938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 01:18 AM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
No. You would need to download your library books with ADE and sideload them.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 02:49 AM   #3
disako4938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
No. You would need to download your library books with ADE and sideload them.
hi thanks for your response. mind if i ask what ADE is?
Old 10-06-2023, 03:50 AM   #4
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Adobe Digital Editions

Most libraries allow you to check out books by downloading an ACSM file, which you "redeem" using ADE and can then transfer the book to your device.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 03:08 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Or if you are using calibre, you can install the ACSM plugin and use it to import the ePub directly from the .acsm file your library supplies.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 12:31 AM   #6
disako4938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Adobe Digital Editions

Most libraries allow you to check out books by downloading an ACSM file, which you "redeem" using ADE and can then transfer the book to your device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Or if you are using calibre, you can install the ACSM plugin and use it to import the ePub directly from the .acsm file your library supplies.
ahh. i do use calibre actually. i'm not aware of acsm plugin. will check it out and try to import the book using it next time i borrow. thanks a bunch, Aleron Ives and DNSM!
Old 10-07-2023, 12:39 AM   #7
disako4938

ahh. i do use calibre actually. i'm not aware of acsm plugin. will check it out and try to import the book using it next time i borrow. thanks a bunch, Aleron Ives and DNSM!