Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
A Surprise

My Vox is working 100% and I use it daily for pleasure and work. Today a friend told me of a great web site which I visited and found exactly as he said and I bookmarked it using my Opera app. To my surprise an Icon has appeared on the home screen of my Vox to the left of the Browser icon. This is a pleasant surprise as I have no idea what I did to get it there. But it does have a rather strange misleading title to it so can anyone tell me how I can rename it? I tried to find it under apps but it is not there, so not an app??
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Long press on the icon, should get a rename option.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

No Go

No, the long press will simply allow me to move the icon, and it makes the garbage can appear so I can delete the icon, but does not allow me to rename it. Remember the icon is on the opening screen next to the Browser icon.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
I use go launcher and long press offers rename. Sorry, don't remember how the default launcher works so someone else will have to chime in.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #5
Senior
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
I use go launcher and long press offers rename. Sorry, don't remember how the default launcher works so someone else will have to chime in.
I just received this email from Kobo Customer Care:

I have been trying to look it up, and unfortunately there is no way to rename the application. I apologize for this inconvenience.

Thank you for e-mailing Kobo Customer Care.
If you have any other questions or inquiries feel free to call us back or e-mail us at any time.

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team
Advert