Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Kobo Vox and ADE... am I missing something?

I've done a lot of reading today, on the forums here and elsewhere, but don't feel a whole lot closer to understanding.

My girlfriend has purchased a couple of DRM protected PDF books from Kobo. She has set up ADE. I've downloaded Overdrive, and she has set up the same Adobe account on both ADE and in Overdrive.

She has downloaded the books into ADE, and they show up under purchased books. I have connected her Vox to the computer.

When I connect the Vox it asks if I want to activate USB storage, which I said no to as it seems to be unrelated to what ADE needs.

When I go into ADE, I don't see an option to send to the device, nor can I interact with the device until I unplug it. Can anyone assist me with what I'm missing? Thanks so much!
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
When I connect the Vox it asks if I want to activate USB storage, which I said no to as it seems to be unrelated to what ADE needs.
You want to say yes to USB storage. Also it can take a bit (up to a min. or so) for ADE to detect the device after you launch ADE provided you have a compatible reading app installed.

As far as using the Overdrive app for those books IIRC the OD app doesn't work with sideloaded content (unless they've updated it) so you'll want Mantano or Aldiko or Bluefire to read the PDFs.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Thanks so much for the assistance, AnemicOak.

I was able to install Aldiko, and to get ADE to see the Vox. ADE said it was copies the ebooks onto the Vox. So far so good.

However, it doesn't show up in Aldiko, and when I manually direct Aldiko to look in the most promisingly-named folder (/Ebooks/<name-of-book>/) it says "No EPUB or PDF file found". Any thoughts? Thanks again.

ETA: It's all working now. Thanks so much!

BTW, what does "ETA" mean in this context? I've gathered it's an edit after the fact from how it's used by MR contributors, but I don't know what the exact acronym is.

Last edited by scrapking; 05-06-2012 at 09:26 PM.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
ETA - edited to add
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote