Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
ewiplayer
Enthusiast
ewiplayer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-700
Directory structure of SD card for in-store testing?

Hi,

I put together some books onto an SD card for the purposes of in-store comparison of the 700 and 505, but seeing as I have no sony reader of my own I have no idea of whether or not these beasts will be able to handle it.

If I just toss a bunch of files onto the the card, no directories at all, will both units be able to scan these appropriately or is there some expected directory structure or index file that the Windows Software would normally create that needs to be there?

Thanks,
EP
ewiplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewiplayer View Post
Hi,

I put together some books onto an SD card for the purposes of in-store comparison of the 700 and 505, but seeing as I have no sony reader of my own I have no idea of whether or not these beasts will be able to handle it.

If I just toss a bunch of files onto the the card, no directories at all, will both units be able to scan these appropriately or is there some expected directory structure or index file that the Windows Software would normally create that needs to be there?

Thanks,
EP
The only thing to now about the sd card is that you cannot put more than a given (100, 200?? - always forget the exact number) number of files directly in the root folder.

So if you want to test 1000+ books as I did with my 700 you need to create one or more folders on the card to store them.

For my 700 it took 2 minutes and something to index about 1050 books and then about 1 minute and 30s after I pulled card and put it back, but kept the Sony folder created in the indexing process.

For the 505 or 700 there should be no difference how you structure your card, since they have flat file structure and you need to create your own "collections" on the machine using the Library software
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
ewiplayer
Enthusiast
ewiplayer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-700
Cool. Thx a lot!
ewiplayer is offline   Reply With Quote