Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #1
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Sheet Music on the Kindle?

I happened to be thinking about a certain mocking madrigal by the jocular Thomas Weelkes when I chanced upon this sheet music version for the Kindle.

My first thought was that an ebook of sheet music had only to be practical on the Kindle Fire. Is it possible the sheet music can be read comfortably on smaller Pearl-screened Kindles?

I'd have sent the sample to my Kindle Keyboard just to see how it looked, but I'm fairly certain it doesn't contain a note of music.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 04-23-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Update -- Just found a book which seems to include the first page of music in the sample: Elementary Pieces by Bartok.

Will have a leer on the old KK after I get home from work.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
I am no expert, but when I have seen people use electronic devices for reading sheet music, they are usually larger. The kindleDX might be the best, but of course it hasn't been updated in quite a while.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 AM   #4
fumanchu314159
fumanchu314159 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fumanchu314159 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fumanchu314159 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fumanchu314159 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fumanchu314159 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy4katz View Post
I am no expert, but when I have seen people use electronic devices for reading sheet music, they are usually larger.
I've used my K3 successfully for PDF chord charts on the piano. Not because it was the greatest setup but it worked!
fumanchu314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Too bad it's probably just images embedded into the pages though. It'd be really cool to turn the speech-to-text feature (on silent) and use it to run through the notes line per line while playing.

I wouldn't say the Fire worked well for something like that though, the DX is a little better but most of the sheet music I have is much larger than 8x11.

But thanks, now you've gave me the idea to go and convert my stuff for the Kindle.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert