Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #556
raposinho
raposinho began at the beginning.

Device: DXG;3gb
Great tool. No need for duokan any more.
Was driving me crazy due to having both DXG and k3GB.
But only recently i found your wonderfull tool which is awkward.

Thanks.
raposinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #557
Fred Vargas
Fred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by raposinho View Post
Great tool. No need for duokan any more.
Was driving me crazy due to having both DXG and k3GB.
But only recently i found your wonderfull tool which is awkward.

Thanks.
After install this tool the first thing latter was remove duokan from my kindle. Its a must have.

Thanks a lot.
Fred Vargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #558
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
I want to share some hacks (most of them came from other discussion), some people may like it and use it before they are officially adopted.

Quote:

edit unireader.lua under kindlepdfviewer directory

1. force global refresh
rcount = 5,
rcountmax = 5,
change 5 --> 0

2. make pdf margin white instead of grey

fb.bbaintRect(0, 0, width, height, 8)
8 --> 0

3. Make the bookmarked dialog disappear quicker

showInfoMsgWithDelay("Page marked.", 2000, 1)
showInfoMsgWithDelay("Page already marked!", 2000, 1)

2000 --> 500

edit crereader.lua

4. change epub/mobi default font

default_font = "Droid Sans",

Droid Sans --> any font you like, input name as it showed in book font selection screen(it's different from the file browser font selection screen)

Last edited by dracodoc; 06-19-2012 at 12:15 PM.
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #559
shanehere101
shanehere101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Is there any way to change the margins for the Shift+S (zoom to fit content width) option? I love the accessibility it provides with small-text PDFs, but the words are literally touching the ends of the screen in this mode, which is disconcerting to read. I would like to increase the margin by a very small amount. Where can I edit the settings for this?
shanehere101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #560
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Hm, that's in the more convoluted parts of the code. But the request has been made before, so I'll have a look.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #561
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Hm, that's in the more convoluted parts of the code. But the request has been made before, so I'll have a look.
I didn't think it was possible to write convoluted Lua code.
But I suppose if you really work at it...
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #562
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I didn't think it was possible to write convoluted Lua code.
But I suppose if you really work at it...
Thankfully, only OTHER people's code is convoluted! That is why there is so much NIH code.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #563
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
That will be great!
Should it be a global setting, or a per file setting?
And there could be need for 4 margin values in 4 directions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #564
aliabbasjp
Enthusiast
aliabbasjp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
how to connect to 3g internet

Is it possible for kpdfv to connect to kindles's 3g and download news etc as a daemon like calibre feature?, which api is responsible for 3g access?
aliabbasjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #565
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not so sure about this. I'm currently a bit buried in "real life work", so I'm still postponing the next release of the old/"classic" code base. I think the same goes for others of the developers, so things are going a bit slowly for the moment. Luckily, it's quite usable as it is.

I think network access should be simple, probably it's just a LIPC command that needs to be sent. However, I only have Wifi on my K3, so I cannot test 3g. Plus, 3G doesn't necessarily enable full internet access and I certainly won't include any means for circumventing this restriction in kindlepdfviewer.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #566
asdas
Enthusiast
asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
Arrow Pdf viewer for Kindle Touch

Many users wait pdf viewer for Kindle Touch.
We know that developers have not yet KT device
But Pdf viewer is very necessary for many users, and they are impatient.
Please let us know, When the project is completed?
asdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #567
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdas View Post
Many users wait pdf viewer for Kindle Touch.
We know that developers have not yet KT device
But Pdf viewer is very necessary for many users, and they are impatient.
Please let us know, When the project is completed?
Does this mean your are now hiring?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #568
hawhill
Wizard

:-) No, eventually, we will get there. But the Touch is yet another beast, requiring a careful implementation of touch gestures. This will be certainly interesting, but of course more developers are very welcome to go on and try.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #569
asdas
Enthusiast
asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
I correct this misunderstanding.
Sorry my insufficient english language.
I use google translate and web dictionary.
The purpose of my comment is that yours project is very important work for Kindle Touch users.
Sorry again for misunderstanding, my english language is poor insufficient, but my excitement for this app very strong
asdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #570
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdas View Post
I correct this misunderstanding.
Sorry my insufficient english language.
I use google translate and web dictionary.
The purpose of my comment is that yours project is very important work for Kindle Touch users.
Sorry again for misunderstanding, my english language is poor insufficient, but my excitement for this app very strong
My apologies.
I did not realize I was writing to Google Translate.