Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
Pepin33
Zealot
Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Touch
Refresh library view after inserting new books?

I'm working in a plugin to insert, delete or update books in my library.

The updating works ok, but when I insert new books (or delete it) using db.add_books() (or db.delete_book()), changes don't reflect in the main library window. I need to manually change sorting order for see last inserted books (pressing the top of the columns).

I tried using db.refresh() after insert, but nothing happens. I also tried using db.refresh_ids() with the last id inserted, but then I get an error. ¿?

How can I do to refresh the main windows view after inserting or deleting books?

Last edited by Pepin33; 08-30-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Modify the title
Pepin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look at actions/add.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Pepin33
Zealot
Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Pepin33 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks, kovidgoyal. But I was looking at the file, and the AddAction class, and I can't find what I am looking for (or maybe I don't know what's exactly the thing I'm looking for).

I was looking at library/cli.py for adding, deleting and updating format books, and using the same objetcs and functions the command line uses for this. It works OK, but I don't know how to refresh the main library window. When I update a book (removing old format and adding a new one), or I update metadata, it refresh correctly. But when I add a book, or remove it, it doesn't.

Maybe db.add_books() and db.delete_books() are not the functions I need to use?
Old 08-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
If you want to refresh the view - you need to be looking at code for the view object - i.e. self.gui.library_view. You also need to remember to refresh the tag browser as well. So if you are adding books, it is something like:

self.gui.library_view.model().books_added(num)
self.gui.tags_view.recount()

And there is also a call you can do for model().books_deleted() as well.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:18 AM   #5
Pepin33
Zealot

Thanks you very much, kiwidude. Refresh the view was exactly what I wanted. I was looking at db objetc, but you're right, the db was ok, the key was the library_view object.

Thanks again for you help (and for your plugins, I'm learning a lot looking at your code)