Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
hf79
hf79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
kindle for pc behind firewall

I'm trying to use kindle for pc at work on breaks and during down times. I can install it and register, but every time I try to open a book it tells me book cannot be opened remove and redownload. i've done this countless times no luck. I am behind a firewall could that be the problem. Any suggestions for getting it to open.
hf79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Depending on your firewall's settings, if it is filtering by IP address for incoming connections, you would have to add Amazon's IP address range to the list of "permissible" connections. Or Amazon might be blocked in a broad setting to prevent employee shopping on company time.
Are you friendly with your company IT person? Or are there company rules in place banning personal shopping, etc on company time?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
hf79

can access amazon they generally block streaming or social media sites and some file sharing sites.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If using K4PC involves Amazon accessing your PC - in order to back up your notes & highlights, or sync with other devices, your firewall may be blocking the incoming traffic ... which is trying to access a particular IP address on your company's network ... your PC. Can you check with the IT person without getting yourself in trouble?

Also - if you are running Windows - does your PC have personal firewall settings activated? If so, you might have to add Amazon as "allowed"
Old 08-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #5
hf79

IT is the problem. My boss doesn't mind as long as i get my work done for the day. It would like to block all internet access.
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
hf79

Also just noticed. My documents folder and kindle folder are stored on a network drive, not on local c drive could that be the problem and how do i solve it.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Can you copy your kindle folder and documents folder to your local c drive?
Old 08-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
hf79

yeah still doesn't work
Old 08-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #9
poohbear_nc
Now what?

This post may help you: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...49&postcount=7