Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
eBook sources for Sony PRS 900

I hear Borders will be introducing ePub books soon which can be read by other eReader manufacturers.

Does anyone know of other sources for ePub books which can be read by Sony Reader Library and the Sony PRS 900 without alteration?

I know that some other stores sell these but they are not the recently published non-fiction books I like to read. I'm interested in competing sources for these books.

Borders' PC Application can be downloaded here:

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...ew_ereaderapps

Has anyone tried to import one of their ePub eBooks into the Sony Reader Library and the PRS 900?

If one goes to this link, Borders displays two Sony eReaders as compatible:

http://ebooks.borders.com/content/borders/index.shtml

Last edited by sirmaru; 06-22-2010 at 10:26 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Google Books.

It is a great resource. THE resource.

First, I still have to NOT find a book there. If it's copyright-free, you should be able to download the Epub, for free. If it's still under copyright protection, then Google points you to the various sources and indicates prices.

http://books.google.com/
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Google books

One can already download Google ebooks at the Sony Reader Store. They are free.

However, I'm only interested in the recent non-fiction books requiring payment.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
RSaunders
Groupie
RSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it isRSaunders knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
We have a sticky thread on this here. Both free and fee based services are listed. With several configurations of Adobe Digital Editions and Calibre you should be able to buy the books you want, even if you want books with DRM restrictions. You might also check the online libraries that loan ePubs.
RSaunders is offline   Reply With Quote