Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
verybadcat
verybadcat began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
page numbers messed up in my epub

I am trying to make an epub document. I started with the tutorial at http://www.jedisaber.com/eBooks/tutorial.asp. I added a third chapter. But I am having problems with the page numbers. Specifically, chapter 3 is 37 pages long and starts at page 46. But somehow the document still thinks it ends at page 46. So the iBooks reader says it is on page 46 of 46 at the start of chapter 3. It is then followed by page 47 of 46, page 48 of 46, and so on, all the way up to page 82 of 46!

Any idea what might be causing this?
verybadcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Is the new third chapter included in both the .ncx and the .opf file? Does the ePub contain a pagemap.xml file?

I don't know much about iBooks and adding books through iTunes, but it may be that it's saving and still using the page information it made when you added an older version. Try deleting the file completely completely through ITunes or whatever and then readding it.

Also try changing the <dc:identifier id="BookId"> tag in the .opf to something new, and make the corresponding change in the .ncx and see if that brings about any change.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
epub page numbers