Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
kobobooks.com My Library

I am trying to figure out how My Library works on kobobooks.com. I want to use calibre to upload my books to my kobo (because calibre ROCKS), and not have any kepubs uploaded. So… I deleted all of my books from the I’m Reading tab in My Library at kobobooks.com. When I did this all of my books were also deleted from the Purchased tab, although they still do appear in the Trash tab. Kobo help and Tier 2 have both told me that this is what is supposed to happen. Books do not appear in the Purchased tab if they have been deleted from the I’m Reading tab, although when I called Kobo help, they seemed to be under the impression that anything I had purchased should always be in the Purchased tab. Has anyone else out there had this issue? And is there any problem to just leaving all my books in the Trash tab? Does anyone know if the Trash tab gets automatically emptied at any time, and if it does, will that mean I am sh*t out of luck?

Thanks,

S
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Sarah, go to My Account and log in, then go to Purchase History and see if they are there, then you can get them back. But don't delete them from My Library...just download them to your computer and open in Adobe Digital Reader. They'll be in a folder called My Digital Books (or something like that, I'm on my iPad so can't look) and you can drag and drop them to Calibre from that folder.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
And is there any problem to just leaving all my books in the Trash tab? Does anyone know if the Trash tab gets automatically emptied at any time, and if it does, will that mean I am sh*t out of luck?
Kobo's current policy is to leave items in Trash forever.

Since the Kobo servers have records of all of your purchased books they can still be recovered even if you select them and choose Delete Forever.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Canorka
Connoisseur
Canorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
It used to be that I'm Reading and Library/Purchased were independent of each other. It makes no sense whatsoever to have changed this.

Kobo is such a strange company. The ereaders are awesome, but decision-making on the software side is so riddled with bush league nonsense (which to be fair is usually eventually attended to) that it just boggles the mind. If I'm not reading a book, it goes in the trash? Seriously? What's the logic there? I'd love to hear it.
Canorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
Canorka
Connoisseur
Canorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura aboutCanorka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
It used to be that I'm Reading and Library/Purchased were independent of eachother. It makes no sense whatsoever to have changed this.

Kobo is such a strange company. The ereaders are awesome, but decision-making on the software side is so riddled with bush league nonsense (which to be fair is usually eventually attended to) that it just boggles the mind. If I'm not reading a book, it goes in the trash? Seriously? What's the logic there? I'd love to hear it.
Canorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #6
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Kobo help and Tier 2 have both told me that this is what is supposed to happen. Books do not appear in the Purchased tab if they have been deleted from the I’m Reading tab, although when I called Kobo help, they seemed to be under the impression that anything I had purchased should always be in the Purchased tab.
Wait, they're both right.

Seriously, it use to work the sensible way, such that when you deleted from I'm reading, the books remained (obviously) in the Purchased tab. Bit it doesn't work that way anymore.

Now if you delete from I'm Reading, it is deleted from Purchased, but can be brought back to Purchased from the Trash tab with the Undelete button and then from Purchased back to I'm Reading with the Bookmark button.

Go figure.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Thanks guys. So basically the kobobooks.com library makes NO SENSE, which just gives another reason to love calibre.

S
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Math View Post
Thanks guys. So basically the kobobooks.com library makes NO SENSE, which just gives another reason to love calibre.

S
Yes, and to avoid .kepubs - download the epub version instead and manage it all through ADE and Calibre.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote