Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
DaRk_ViVi
Zombified italian nerd
DaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT, KV
Editing Metadata and covers

I have updated Calibre to version 0.8.53 and I saw the nice new feature that can finally make the covers vieweable on my Kindle Touch.

This is awesome, but is it possible to just sync the covers for the books already on the Kindle without having to remove them from the device and then reupload them from Calibre?

BTW, being probably the same issue, is it possible to edit the book Metadata in Calibre (like the book's title) and just sync the change with the Kindle?

Thanks!
DaRk_ViVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont have to delete the book from your device, just resend it with calibre, and provided that you haven't changed the books title or author the cover will be updated.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
DaRk_ViVi
Zombified italian nerd
DaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheeseDaRk_ViVi can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You dont have to delete the book from your device, just resend it with calibre, and provided that you haven't changed the books title or author the cover will be updated.
Great! In this case I'm not going to loose anything (bookmars etc), right?

And about the metadata editing, it is impossible right?
Because I tried to edit and resend, but it's seen like a new book on the device.
DaRk_ViVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk_ViVi View Post
Great! In this case I'm not going to loose anything (bookmars etc), right?

And about the metadata editing, it is impossible right?
Because I tried to edit and resend, but it's seen like a new book on the device.
Bookmarks and other things are many times based upon (relative) positional information. If you make add/changes, these may no longer be totally accurate.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote