Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #16
Calibrefan
Enthusiast
Calibrefan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodfrog View Post
If you want I can drop you my file with which it definitely worked under Win 7.
Woodfrog, thanks for sending me your file. Uninstalled the the old plugin, rebooted, installed yours, rebooted again just to be sure but to no avail. Unfortunately, the problem persists. Thanks for trying.

Hope kpw can give me a hand to resolve it as it seems to work fine elsewhere on Win7, both 32 and 64bit
Calibrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #17
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
MALFUNCTION - I found, that the plugin deletes *ALL* collections, when setting the book list. Metadata-Management is set to automatic within my calibre.
After reconnecting the device to calibre, the collections are restored and the next-to-read-books are still staying...
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #18
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Galaxy Note 8, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-600
Hi folks. Sorry I haven't been available to make responses recently. I was out of commision (and unconnected) over the last week, so I'm catching up now. There seem to be a couple of unresolved problems that have been mentioned recently - I'll review the posts a little closer and see if I can come up with some ideas.
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #19
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
MALFUNCTION - I found, that the plugin deletes *ALL* collections, when setting the book list. Metadata-Management is set to automatic within my calibre.
After reconnecting the device to calibre, the collections are restored and the next-to-read-books are still staying...
Hi ThR,

Although this plugin doesn't do any updates to collections in the device, I think I can see a situation where the data I'm working with could get out of sync with the data on the device, and you could end up with something like you're describing.

I do a check when the action is invoked to make sure there are no device tasks running in the background in an atempt to avoid working on stale metadata. But I've just been able to verify that, if I time it right, I can get the action to start up just before the device metadata update task starts after Calibre detects the device. That would probably end up with my plugin making its updates to the book timestamps using stale cache.xml/media.xml content.

I'll put in a check to make sure this doesn't happen.

Does it sound like this might be the scenario you're running into?
Old 02-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #20
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaspy View Post
I see you're trying to steal my customers ... nah, I was just kidding
I'm sure your customer base will continue to grow - you're application is a great one! And it keeps getting better all the time. Thanks for your efforts. I'll continue to be a cutomer too...

For me, my main goal was to get something integrated in Calibre and to focus more on a collection-based solution. I haven't gotten it as automated as I initially was thinking about, but I guess that gives me more to think about.

Thanks for the information on the timestamp calulations.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #21
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibrefan View Post
Woodfrog, thanks for sending me your file. Uninstalled the the old plugin, rebooted, installed yours, rebooted again just to be sure but to no avail. Unfortunately, the problem persists. Thanks for trying.

Hope kpw can give me a hand to resolve it as it seems to work fine elsewhere on Win7, both 32 and 64bit
Hi Calibrefan

I think I understand what is happening to cause the error you are seeing. If I have that right, then the following updated plugin should fix it up. Can I ask you to install version I've attached below and see if that works better?

If that does it, I'll post it as an official new version.

Thanks for trying the plugin out!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ManageSonyX50BookList_plugin.zip (10.1 KB, 305 views)
Old 02-23-2011, 01:49 AM   #22
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpw View Post
Hi ThR,

Although this plugin doesn't do any updates to collections in the device, I think I can see a situation where the data I'm working with could get out of sync with the data on the device, and you could end up with something like you're describing.

I do a check when the action is invoked to make sure there are no device tasks running in the background in an atempt to avoid working on stale metadata. But I've just been able to verify that, if I time it right, I can get the action to start up just before the device metadata update task starts after Calibre detects the device. That would probably end up with my plugin making its updates to the book timestamps using stale cache.xml/media.xml content.

I'll put in a check to make sure this doesn't happen.

Does it sound like this might be the scenario you're running into?
I'm not sure. I started the plugin after I'd checked, that calibre was doing nothing (tasks in the queue were finished). On the device itself, I could not see somethings running.
When I reconnect the device after running your plugin, calibre adds all collections back again and everything is fine.

But I found another error: the reading history was deleted too, so the reader wanted me to start reading with page 1 instead of 253, where I ended my last reading session.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:11 AM   #23
Calibrefan
Enthusiast
Calibrefan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Hi Calibrefan

I think I understand what is happening to cause the error you are seeing. If I have that right, then the following updated plugin should fix it up. Can I ask you to install version I've attached below and see if that works better?

If that does it, I'll post it as an official new version.

Thanks for trying the plugin out!

Dear kpw, thanks for providing the updated plugin. It resolved the problem I had just fine, I haven't seen the error anymore. I will play around with it now to get a feel for the possibilities it offers.

Thanks again!
Calibrefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #24
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
I'm not sure. I started the plugin after I'd checked, that calibre was doing nothing (tasks in the queue were finished). On the device itself, I could not see somethings running.
When I reconnect the device after running your plugin, calibre adds all collections back again and everything is fine.

But I found another error: the reading history was deleted too, so the reader wanted me to start reading with page 1 instead of 253, where I ended my last reading session.
This sounds like something different from what I was conjecturing. Perhaps the write I'm doing to update the book timestamps is failing and things get out of whack then. The history information seems to be captured in a different file (the cacheExt.xml) than the one I'm updating, but if the media.xml file gets corrupted, everything may end up getting regenerated.

If you try launching Calibre in debug mode using the "calibre-debug -g" command from a command line (this is the command that I use in Windows anyway), then you might see some error messages in the command line console. That might help me to track this down.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #25
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibrefan View Post
Dear kpw, thanks for providing the updated plugin. It resolved the problem I had just fine, I haven't seen the error anymore. I will play around with it now to get a feel for the possibilities it offers.

Thanks again!
I've posted a new version (1.0.2) officially with the fix. Thanks for your help Calibrefan!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:25 AM   #26
ThR
Tatütatuter

Quote:
If you try launching Calibre in debug mode using the "calibre-debug -g" command from a command line (this is the command that I use in Windows anyway), then you might see some error messages in the command line console. That might help me to track this down.
OK, I will try it next time, I connect the device with calibre. Which will be at the weekend.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #27
ThR
Tatütatuter

Quote:
OK, I will try it next time, I connect the device with calibre. Which will be at the weekend.
Hmmm, I was NOT able to reproduce the problem I described. Surely it was an error within layer 8 of the iso-osi-model. Sorry for hyperventilation.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #28
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hmmm, I was NOT able to reproduce the problem I described. Surely it was an error within layer 8 of the iso-osi-model. Sorry for hyperventilation.
Well I'm happy the problem seems to have disappeared - hopefully for good. Let me know if it recurs.

I have put in a fix for the stale metedata possibility I had mentioned earlier. I've changed the order of the processing I do so that the read/write operation on the cache doesn't get interrupted with any user interaction, so that should greatly minimize the possibility of something getting in an update in the mean time. I also put in a check to look for that happening, in which case I bypass the save. That way, the data should not get corrupted. I need to test it out a little more before I post it though.

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #29
kpw
Connoisseur

Updated plugin version 1.0.3 posted with the following changes:
  • Add check to make sure cache file has not been updated separately before saving book timestamp updates. That way, the file shouldn't get updated with stale data.
  • Change order of processing to ensure read/write of cache does not get interrupted by user interaction. This should minimize the possibility of the cache file being updated separately.
  • Fix date sort bug.
  • Restructure code for style consistency and to separate code out into separate .py files for better organization.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #30
ThR
Tatütatuter

Sorry.

Plugin V.1.0.3

calibre, version 0.7.47
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:time data 'Sun, 01 Aug 2010 22:02:00 GMT' does not match format '%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S GMT'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Thorsten\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins \Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List.zip\ManageSonyX50BookList.py", line 112, in setSonyBookList
File "C:\Users\Thorsten\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins \Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List.zip\ManageSonyX50BookList.py", line 123, in chooseProfile
File "C:\Users\Thorsten\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins \Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List.zip\ManageSonyX50BookList.py", line 135, in handleSetBookList
File "C:\Users\Thorsten\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins \Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List.zip\ManageSonyX50BookList.py", line 139, in handleCache
File "C:\Users\Thorsten\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins \Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List.zip\ManageSonyX50BookList.py", line 435, in build
File "C:\Users\Thorsten\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins \Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List.zip\ManageSonyX50BookList.py", line 453, in buildBookList
File "_strptime.py", line 454, in _strptime_time
File "_strptime.py", line 325, in _strptime
ValueError: time data 'Sun, 01 Aug 2010 22:02:00 GMT' does not match format '%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S GMT'

*ADD - after a downgrade to 1.0.2, everything works fine again.

Last edited by ThR; 02-28-2011 at 09:25 AM.