Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Fun Comparison: 2000 iMac and 2010 iPhone 4

http://www.macstories.net/news/2000-...-the-iphone-4/

Quote:
iMac
Operating System – Mac OS 9.0.4
Processor – 500 MHz PowerPC G3 CPU, 128MB Memory
Graphics – ATI Rage 128 Pro, 8MB of memory (8 million triangles)
Screen – 786K pixels
Data Transfer Speeds – 1.3-12.5 MB/s (DVD-ROM-1/100 Ethernet)
Storage – 30GB Hard Drive
Dimensions – 15.0 x 15.0 x 17.1 inches
Weight – 34.7 pounds

iPhone 4
Operating System – iOS 4.0
Processor – 1 Ghz ARM A4 CPU, 512MB Memory
Graphics – PowerVR SGX 535, uses system memory (28 million triangles)
Screen – 614K pixels
Data Transfer Speeds – .04-20MB/s (3G-WiFi)
Storage – 32GB Flash Drive
Dimensions – 4.5 x 2.31 x .31 inches
Weight – 4.8 ounces

A lot can happen in 10 years
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:17 AM   #2
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
Oh wow, that's great.

2000... God, I need to go get Diablo out and install it again.
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 12:23 AM   #3
Pickering
Connoisseur
Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3
wow... and I had an imac in 2000!
Pickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:27 AM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickering View Post
wow... and I had an imac in 2000!
I may still have my iMac from 2000
Old 06-22-2010, 12:49 AM   #5
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
**snort**

I still have my first Mac+. And my IIci. They still boot too (the + reqires a floppy to boot, no HD). We dismantled the 9500 a while back; don't want to think about how much we paid for that one....

The + even has a "carrying case" to make it portable.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 01:00 AM   #6
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
**snort**

I still have my first Mac+. And my IIci. They still boot too (the + reqires a floppy to boot, no HD). We dismantled the 9500 a while back; don't want to think about how much we paid for that one....

The + even has a "carrying case" to make it portable.
Damn..those had the first 800k floppies
Old 06-22-2010, 07:14 AM   #7
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
i have an apple ][ with 5.25" floppies and it all still works just fine. :P as they say "elephant disks never forget". some of those floppies are about to hit 40!

few dec vt100 terminals in the basement too somewhere.

was once offered a pdp-11 if i felt like hauling it off. passed on that one.

Last edited by scottjl; 06-22-2010 at 07:16 AM.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote