Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Cant I have a simple blank screen?

I am used to my 505 where you get a simple blank screen vice the pictures my K2 gives me.
Is a simple blank screen too much to wish for
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Turn it off? Or make your own blank screen screen savers.

Edit: I forgot to add the "make your own" screen saver link. Go to the bottom of the page and you'll see instruction links for K1 and K2.

Last edited by daffy4u; 03-13-2009 at 11:11 AM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 11:08 AM   #3
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Does anyone know if we can inject personal pictures in the screensaver mode? Although I do love the old time drawings, I would to change it out if possible.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I cannot say for sure, but it's possible that if you mod your Kindle 2 to add in your own photos, you may invalidate the warranty.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I guess I can just turn it off... I cant access settings until I register the darn thing and that will not happen until I get back to the states in April.
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I guess I can just turn it off... I cant access settings until I register the darn thing and that will not happen until I get back to the states in April.
You make the screen saver changes via USB. If you have your cable and a computer you can change them.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #7
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Why is this such a big deal?
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:56 AM   #8
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKat View Post
Why is this such a big deal?
It is a mental thing really. My mind does not want to accept the fact that the screen will not burn in and feels better when it looks blank or "turned off"

Last edited by rcuadro; 03-14-2009 at 03:59 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
It is a mental thing really. My mind does not want to accept the fact that the screen will not burn in and feels better when it looks blank or "turned off"
Just don't get confused between "sleep mode" and "off".
Old 03-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
rcuadro
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Just don't get confused between "sleep mode" and "off".
Oh I know... I am so used to the blank screen on my 505