Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Kindle, Calibre and a Mac.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having any problems with ejecting a K3 from a Mac (running SL) when using Calibre to move books?

Everytime I have so far tried to eject my Kindle having moved books to it from Calibre, the eject seems to fail. Calibre no longer shows the Kindle, but the Mac does and if I seek to eject the Kindle using Finder I just get a message that it cannot be ejected because a program is still using it (I have assumed this is Calibre, but even if I close Calibre I cannot eject the Kindle). Even forced eject fails.

If I simply connect the K3 to the Mac without having used Calibre at all, then I have no problem ejecting the Kindle.

I am now using 0.7.21 version of Calibre, having updated today but I still get the same issue if I move books between Calibre and the Kindle.

If no-one else has this issue, then it cannot be Calibre and I will have to look for something else as the cause.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote