Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Waterproof Case for PB360

Just thought I'd share, the following waterproof cases are available for the Pocketbook 360. There's nothing like reading a book while floating on a lazy river!

http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/aloksak6x6.html
I have this one, and it works great, but it tends to get "creases" in it. The Pocketbook fits in it perfectly, I put the "zipper" on the other side of the buttons, and just fold it over to the back.

http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/drypakpda.html
I just ordered this one, it should fit perfectly based on the dimensions shown. It's a new product, and it's currently on sale for $16.95. I have the wallet case by the same manufacturer, and based on that, this should work well for reading through it -- it's a softer plastic than the bag above, so it doesn't get the creases.

I'll report back once I get the second one to let you know how it works!
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Oh I would be interested to here how the new one works. That would be nice.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have for while wondered why no one manufactures totally waterproof phones, e-readers etc.

Use induction charging like in electric toothbrushes to charge so no need for plug to power. Use wifi/bluetooth for data transfer so no need for data cable. Then add some kind of rubber keys. And finally permanently seal all seams or even dip whole thing in transparent rubber or something.
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sorry to report that the second case is just a teensy bit too small. Like within millimeters. I was able to get it on the case about 1/4 of the way, until the buttons bow out. So it's being sent back.

The search for the perfect waterproof case continues...
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:01 AM   #5
Almiel
regrets buying PocketBook
Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almiel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CoolReader (Android), Pocketbook 360 Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post

http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/aloksak6x6.html
I have this one, and it works great, but it tends to get "creases" in it. The Pocketbook fits in it perfectly, I put the "zipper" on the other side of the buttons, and just fold it over to the back.

http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/drypakpda.html
I just ordered this one, it should fit perfectly based on the dimensions shown. It's a new product, and it's currently on sale for $16.95. I have the wallet case by the same manufacturer, and based on that, this should work well for reading through it -- it's a softer plastic than the bag above, so it doesn't get the creases.

I'll report back once I get the second one to let you know how it works!
I've used products from both these brands for backpacking (Aloksak odor proof for food and trash) and DryPak for my camera on canoe trips. I would definitely recommend the drypak for electronics. You could try:
http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/dpc69.html
It's 6 x 9 inches. Let us know what you decide on!
Almiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert