Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
nlandas
nlandas began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 680
Ebook store that takes School POs(NET terms)

Does anyone know of an ebook store that will take orders on School Purchase Order? We can't use credit cards or paypal to place orders, they must go through our purchasing system.

So we are looking for a good ebook store that takes Purchase Orders.

Thanks,
-Nyle
nlandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlandas View Post
Does anyone know of an ebook store that will take orders on School Purchase Order? We can't use credit cards or paypal to place orders, they must go through our purchasing system.

So we are looking for a good ebook store that takes Purchase Orders.

Thanks,
-Nyle
You probably locked yourself into dealing with the Big Guys as Government Agencies tend pay for those PO's in 90 to 120 days, regardless of the terms.
Small guys have to meet payroll and pay suppliers on time or face penalties or sanctions.

Your district should contact the potential seller and inquire, as PO sales might not be offered on the dealer WEB interface. The choice to take a PO is always with the seller
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #3
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
nlandas came to the BeBook site but what she requires in not going to happen across the pond. So I suggested she contact Robert and see if he can help. nlandas wanted some BeBooks for her school library so Astak's would be ideal. She probably needs a store that she can use these SPO's in unless Robert can help her direct. Over to you guys.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
nlandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You probably locked yourself into dealing with the Big Guys as Government Agencies tend pay for those PO's in 90 to 120 days, regardless of the terms.
Small guys have to meet payroll and pay suppliers on time or face penalties or sanctions.

Your district should contact the potential seller and inquire, as PO sales might not be offered on the dealer WEB interface. The choice to take a PO is always with the seller
Big guys would be fine with us. We are in the United States. Does someone know a large reseller that does NET terms. Our typical turn around is 30 days, as long as the invoice is received before that months payments go out. At most if the invoice came in after the payment day, it would turn out to be 60 days.

Large vendors are fine, does anyone know which ones take School POs(NET terms). Thanks.

-Nyle
Old 01-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
nlandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
nlandas came to the BeBook site but what she requires in not going to happen across the pond. So I suggested she contact Robert and see if he can help. nlandas wanted some BeBooks for her school library so Astak's would be ideal. She probably needs a store that she can use these SPO's in unless Robert can help her direct. Over to you guys.
Thanks Stormchild, names Nyle - No biggie but I am a "dude".

This is for a specific classroom here (Resource Room) they want to use ereaders with specific students that are working on reading problems. The need text to speech on the ereaders but the biggest stumbling block is that our Business Office/NYS auditors won't allow credit card use for purchases. They don't like the accounting/accountability issues in a school environment.

-Nyle
Advert
Old 01-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Wait, I'm confused: is this about ebooks or ebook readers?
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Old 01-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
E-book Readers

And many apologies Nyle.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #9
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Astak will take a school P.O.

Quote:
E-book Readers

And many apologies Nyle.
Dear Stormchild and nlandas:

Astak will take a School P.O. for eBook Readers or eBooks happily! Please send me a Personal Message on this forum and I will get you my email address. OR... call me at: 1-866-368-8788 and ask for Bob!! If after hours, leave your email address.

We would love to do business with you!! We can also do something good for schools by including an SD card pre-loaded with applicable free classic eBooks.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #10
nlandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
Is this simply humorous sarcasm because I over explained? I was just clarifying what the teacher wants to do with the ebooks on the readers.

This is a question about any ebook stores that take School Purchase Orders(NET terms) for ordering ebooks. Our school in located in New York State USA. So far, I've found none. I recognize that for home users using a credit card/paypal is no big deal but the New York State Auditor Generals Office takes a grim look on Schools using them.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #11
nlandas

Quote:
E-book Readers

And many apologies Nyle.
LOL!!! No problem Stormchild. No offense taken, I just appreciate the help.

However, you did it again. Technically, the correct answer is both. However, ebooks on NET terms is the biggest hang up. If the teacher has to they are willing to buy their own readers on their personal credit card and donate them to the school. As long as the school can buy ebooks for them on School PO(NET terms).

It looks like Robert might be able to help.

-Nyle

Last edited by nlandas; 01-27-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlandas View Post
Is this simply humorous sarcasm because I over explained? I was just clarifying what the teacher wants to do with the ebooks on the readers.

This is a question about any ebook stores that take School Purchase Orders(NET terms) for ordering ebooks. Our school in located in New York State USA. So far, I've found none. I recognize that for home users using a credit card/paypal is no big deal but the New York State Auditor Generals Office takes a grim look on Schools using them.

Any help is appreciated.
We may have two threads mixed in here.
You are talking about books FOR a reader and someone over the pond is talking about Book Readers.

Many of the Big Guys have commercial accounts. You may not find mention of that on the WEB page, You must CALL and fill out forms, Credit checks.... Business to Business is NOT like Consumer Retail.

Finding a supplier that takes a School PO is Purchasing's job ( since they probably put the road blocks in place to guarantee they have work).

Fill out a PR with the Full Title, Publisher (and number) and DRM format if the catalog# does not specify fully) and tell them to do their JOB.