Notices

Old 07-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #16
ath
Addict
ath doesn't litterath doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony PRS-505, Kindle Paperwhite & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
I need to make them about A5 format with a still readable font size.
Depends a a bit what supporting tools you have.

Print HTML to PostScript printer (with A5 page size), and redirect output to file, which you then run through a PS2PDF distiller. (Some experimentation will be needed to decide best scale factor for HTML typefaces).

Do the same, but to directly to PDF printer, after setting it up with correct page size..

Or be weird ... print HTML to TIFF, load TIFF into OCR software, tell OCR to output PDF file of appropriate size and typeface size. (That's really stretching it, that is ...)
ath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #17
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
I print with Adobe to a manual 12cm x 16 cm format with borders top: 0,8 left/right: 0,9 and bottom: 0,5 and i have to say its nice to read.

The standard A5 had a little bit to large borders for my taste ...
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2006, 10:26 AM   #18
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Actually you only have 12cm x 15cm as reading space, the rest is for all the iliad icons. Try that and you will have better margins left and right
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:50 PM   #19
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...33f67e01249aba

New version of the Program TaKir recommended for resizing PDF files. I haven't tried it yet, but if somebody needs it...give us all some feedback please.

Thanks.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote