Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
What's a Kindle 6?

And how does one transfer ebooks to it from the computer?

The background to these questions is that I've just sent a mobi/azw3 ebook I designed to the author. She says 'All this ebook technology [is] a big learning curve' and does not know what Kindle model she has or how to transfer the ebook to her reader. The paperwork she has mentions 'Kindle Black (Kindle 6).' I've attached a screenshot.

I have a Kindle Keyboard, and have told her the method I use to transfer eboks from my computer, but I don't know whether the same method will work on her reader.

Can some kind soul identify what model she has, and tell me how she should transfer the ebook I've emailedto her to her reader?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle6.PNG
Views:	241
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	106878  
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
That's the basic Kindle, often referred to as the Kindle4B (B for balck) or KindleNT (NT for No Touch). The transfer methods are the same as they are for your Kindle 3/Keyboard. I've seen a few people call the Kindle Paperwhite a Kindle 6, but never heard this model called that.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Brian, that's most helpful.

The paperwork she has which calls it a Kindle 6 came with the reader. I should have mentioned that she bought it last November.

I presume from the 'No Touch' name that she will navigate by looks like a 5 way key?
Old 06-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There should be a User's Guide on the Kindle that gives instructions on how to load content via USB.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I presume from the 'No Touch' name that she will navigate by looks like a 5 way key?
Navigation is basically the same as your Kindle Keyboard. Just think of it as like your Kindle, but with the physical Keyboard cut off.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 03:12 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard

Thanks again to you both.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Smile USB Transfers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
There should be a User's Guide on the Kindle that gives instructions on how to load content via USB.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...=201016130#usb

The Kindle User Guide should already be on your device.
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...=201016130#usb

The Kindle User Guide should already be on your device.

I know (), I was pointing that out to the OP. I didn't link to the Kindle CS Guide because the Guide should already be on the Kindle (unless the friend deleted it).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #9
AlexBell
Wizard

I passed along the information to the author, and whether she used the instructions I gave her or the manual on the Kindle NT she was able to load the ebook and read it.