Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #136
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
...just the sound of banjos closing in.

NOOSA HEADS!
Okay, I hear you, what is there that's so special and interesting? Enough room fer a hundred people?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #137
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
New York could be nice but do we have hosts there? Paris has the manpower, culture and room enough. London also but who would be willing to host it?

Hey, I'd be willing to go to Sydney, but we need somebody there to host it.

Cat and I would be willing to host Montreal but I want to leave the frickin country fer once. BTW we could do it in some ski region at the heart of winter for those who would be interested in tasting rrrrealll cold.

Sorry Krisk about Vegas, I was the one who apparently nixed it because I wouldn't like the place at all; I don't gamble and watch shows, I'm more of a cultural buff and prefer museums. If the vote is Vegas I'll go but not for a full week.
HAlo! I know im late to the party,... I live in NY and I would be beyond thrilled to help in organizing everything here. I also wouldnt mind gogin to a nice and warm climate? How do the bahamas sound? I also liked the cruise idea. It is easier but it is more expensive, since um ::cough cough: the a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-aH-alcohol is overpriced.
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #138
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
YES! I want to go back to Neuschwanstein! I vote Germany! Or Iceland! Or Hawai'i!

Hey, I think I'm a broken record.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:21 AM   #139
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
YES! I want to go back to Neuschwanstein! I vote Germany! Or Iceland! Or Hawai'i!

Hey, I think I'm a broken record.
I think Germany-Iceland-Hawaii would be a nice round trip
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #140
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I think Germany-Iceland-Hawaii would be a nice round trip
World tour! I'll get the baboons.....er, balloons...ready!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #141
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
World tour! I'll get the baboons.....er, balloons...ready!

you will need lots of hot air ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #142
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Okay, if we get consensus on date and site, I offer my help in last minute preparations by coming over in advance during the week preceding the MRWM.

What we need for cities to be contenders in hosting the event is a series of specific criteria.

Convention centers catering to lodging, feeding and not least, conference rooms. Find prices for three numbers of attendees. 50, 75 and 100 participants. Below 50 there will be no event.

Find activities for three days with their costs. Remember that most people here are monetarily challenged, this is why we'll have the event so far in the future, so we get time enough to scrounge for it.

Find an army of volunteers, of which I am.

Then submit your city for candidacy.

Right now we're just sounding thing out to see where the majority of participants would like to gather.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:00 AM   #143
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
HAlo! I know im late to the party,... I live in NY and I would be beyond thrilled to help in organizing everything here. I also wouldnt mind gogin to a nice and warm climate? How do the bahamas sound? I also liked the cruise idea. It is easier but it is more expensive, since um ::cough cough: the a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-aH-alcohol is overpriced.
'Bout time you showed up!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:01 AM   #144
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
'Bout time you showed up!
Captain Pinktoe? Surely not?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #145
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Captain Pinktoe? Surely not?
Didn't you know that was an imaginary friend?

I'd invite everybody to my house, but you'd have to bring your own tent...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:03 PM   #146
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I nominate Birmingham, Alabama. Hotels are cheap, because there is nothing interesting to do, unless you are a shopper. Convention areas abound at most of these reasonably priced hotels.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #147
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I nominate Birmingham, Alabama. Hotels are cheap, because there is nothing interesting to do, unless you are a shopper. Convention areas abound at most of these reasonably priced hotels.
Hmm, I hate shopping... If I go to an area there must be something interresting to do!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #148
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I spent 3 weeks in Birmingham, Alabama and wasn't bored a single minute!! (ok, I admit, I was quite busy looking up english words in my dictionary and trying to drive not faster than 50 mph on the streets )
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #149
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I spent 3 weeks in Birmingham, Alabama and wasn't bored a single minute!! (ok, I admit, I was quite busy looking up english words in my dictionary and trying to drive not faster than 50 mph on the streets )
I'm surprised that you could find some of our lingo in a dictionary!

It is down to 50 MPH almost to my house now. Just before my exit, you pass the sign saying "End Construction" (a good idea) and it pops back up to 70 MPH and then I exit. Sort of like getting a good running start for the end of the commute!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:54 AM   #150
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
NOOSA HEADS!

What? I'm not helping? Well, I never made any promises...

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote