Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2014, 05:27 AM   #31
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
Hmm, with last drivers on my H2O this problem is not present...
I have the latest drivers from: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=24
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:10 AM   #32
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
I have the latest drivers from:
On these drivers sleeptimer works for my H2O correctly.
The same as on new pschess build...

http://vlasovsoft.triolan.com.ua/files/builds_en.html
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #33
tonytee
tonytee has learned how to read e-bookstonytee has learned how to read e-bookstonytee has learned how to read e-bookstonytee has learned how to read e-bookstonytee has learned how to read e-bookstonytee has learned how to read e-bookstonytee has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo Glo & H2O
Thanks a lot for all your work guys... I can confirm that the sleep problem has been solved for my H2O with Cecell3000's attached drivers... and I understand that there's even an up to date pbchess already which I haven't even tried yet... Thanks for that too ..
tonytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #34
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Should we use this drivers with new Pbchess build? Or they were only needed in previous release?
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #35
grshore
grshore began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I found that can't exit from notepad - need reset the reader.
Is it my personal issue or something else is wrong?

Using Aura H2O, FW 3.12 and pbchess-1.2.6.42.
grshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:15 AM   #36
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
Should we use this drivers with new Pbchess build? Or they were only needed in previous release?
No. Correct driver is used in the new version.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:15 AM   #37
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grshore View Post
I found that can't exit from notepad - need reset the reader.
Is it my personal issue or something else is wrong?

Thanks!

I'll take a look ...
Old 01-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #38
grshore

One more - in CoolReader mode front light slider doesn't change light...

Old 01-15-2015, 04:09 AM   #39
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:

I don't have Aura H2O, but I can implement it if I have more information about slider event. Could you (or someone else) use evtest to give me information about this event source (e.g. /dev/input/event-x) and code?
Old 01-15-2015, 10:31 PM   #40
grshore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
I don't have Aura H2O, but I can implement it if I have more information about slider event. Could you (or someone else) use evtest to give me information about this event source (e.g. /dev/input/event-x) and code?
Sure, I'll do it if find evtest ready to execute on Kobo's CPU and man page to understand what to do with it.
Sorry, I never had deal with embedded Linux.
I able to set ssh/telnet but evtest is out of scope.
Could you help me with evtest?
Old 01-16-2015, 03:57 AM   #41
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Sure, I'll do it if find evtest ready to execute on Kobo's CPU and man page to understand what to do with it.
Sorry, I never had deal with embedded Linux.
I able to set ssh/telnet but evtest is out of scope.
Could you help me with evtest?
Evtest:
http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/files/kobo/evtest.zip

You need USB network and linux skills to run it.

1. ls /dev/input/event* to find out which event sources are available
2. for each event source:
./evtest /dev/input/event0
./evtest /dev/input/event1

each run examine slider and see reaction.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #42
grshore

Quote:
Evtest:

Regarding usbnet option - it returns popup with error.

I were able to get evtest log (see attached) using ssh connection.
The captured event been triggered after I moved slide that came from "light" icon on the top of nickel screen.

Slide from coolreader doesn't produce any log.

Let me know if I can do something to help you.

Thanks..
Attached Files
File Type: txt EvtestLog_01172015.txt (3.9 KB, 479 views)
Old 02-08-2015, 01:25 PM   #43
grshore

CoolReader front light H2O

Quote:
Evtest:

1. ls /dev/input/event* to find out which event sources are available
2. for each event source:
./evtest /dev/input/event0
./evtest /dev/input/event1

Any chance you will take a look or may be it will be fixed in 2015.03?

Thanks..
Old 02-09-2015, 07:53 AM   #44
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Any chance you will take a look or may be it will be fixed in 2015.03?

Thanks..

Excuse me if I don't understand you. But today from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsx1zEXdOiA

(0:44)

I've found out that there is no hardware light button in H2O. So, what "front light slider" are you talking about? Are you talking about software slider in Cool Reader?

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 02-09-2015 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #45
grshore

Quote:
Excuse me if I don't understand you. But today from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsx1zEXdOiA

(0:44)

I've found out that there is no hardware light button in H2O. So, what "front light slider" are you talking about? Are you talking about software slider in Cool Reader?
Sorry, my native language is not English. I would prefer write in russian but this place is using English.
I mean the software button or icon that looks like a star in the top row and the pop up control title is "Brightness".
Yes, I assumed that software slider in CoolReader is able to change the brightness as well. Is it completely wrong assumption?