Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

View Poll Results: Should this project receive a decent user interface?
Yes, please. That would be probably the first ebook reader with wifi radio capabilities 31 72.09%
No, I think it would drain the battery too much and I wouldn't really use it. 12 27.91%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #31
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
@Henri2all

windows users:
1) download notepad++

Linux users:
1) use any editor

2) open any radio app (e.g. classic.app)
3) you will see this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
/ebrmain/bin/netagent connect
/mnt/ext1/system/mplayer/bin/mplayer -ao oss:/dev/sound/dsp http://scfire-mtc-aa06.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1006 >/dev/null &
4) The part in bold is the one which you need to change.

How to find to a given radio station the media stream?
There are quite a few options.
1) use google, for example google for the station name and mp3 stream
2) check the webpage if they offer a mp3 stream

If you get a winamp media player file (extension pls) or a winamp file this will contain directly the url.

Sounds difficult? Don't worry, it isn't.

Let's do an example. Sky.fm:
1) Go to the webpage
2) click on any station you would like to hear an new window will pop up and play the music
3) click on the tool symbol (for settings) near the volume control
4) you will see yet another window
5) select other MP3 Players / Real
6) a file will be downloaded
7) open this file in a text editor, it'll contain a few urls of the radio station
8) copy/paste this url into your radio app.
9) enjoy listening to your favorite music
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:36 PM   #32
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

e.g. my quick google search for paola's request gave me this long list:

http://www.listenlive.eu/uk.html

Apparently there is still one error hidden in the mplayer file which doesn't allow to play all streams (the error message clearly indicates that it is likely related to the fact that mplayer was compiled on my computer and then transferred to the ebook).
I'm working on that one as this is clearly not acceptable for my standards.
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #33
Henri2all
Henri2all began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
Works great.
The list of stations is growing.
I have a noce collection I will upload the files.
You made my day!!
Henri2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #34
review
Addict

sounds excellent!
Old 02-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #35
Henri2all

Sorry for my bad english.
That was not the way it was supposed to be, it should be:

If I have a nice collection of stations I will upload the files.
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #36
review
Addict

I was not commenting on your typing mistake. I really ment it is excellent that it works so nicely. In the meantime I've been working on fixing the remaining issues with the mplayer file (compilation) but the compilation process takes always quite a while.... so until then some streams won't work at all.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #37
Henri2all

I know you were not commenting on my typing!
But even if you did, I don't mind.
Even if some streams don't work, there are more then enough that will work.\
Can't wait to see the "final"product.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #38
Henri2all

Hello review,

I have now a couple of streams that work, start to play but the hourglass does not disappear and so you can't do anything else. To stop it the only way is to turn off the reader.
Any idea what is wrong?

I have uploaded the file.
Attached Files
File Type: rar radio_bonheur.rar (221 Bytes, 220 views)
Old 02-19-2011, 04:39 PM   #39
review
Addict

Maybe you missed the crucial AND sign (&) at the end of the line?
I will have a look in your files.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:41 PM   #40
review
Addict

checked the file: you have after mp3 a newline and in the next line is >/dev/null ... remove that newline so that mp3 and > /dev/null & is in one line. then it should work.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #41
Henri2all

Thanks again.
I will not trouble you anymore tonight.
Thanks for all the help
Old 02-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #42
review
Addict

You're welcome.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:28 AM   #43
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post
e.g. my quick google search for paola's request gave me this long list:

http://www.listenlive.eu/uk.html

Apparently there is still one error hidden in the mplayer file which doesn't allow to play all streams (the error message clearly indicates that it is likely related to the fact that mplayer was compiled on my computer and then transferred to the ebook).
I'm working on that one as this is clearly not acceptable for my standards.
review, thanks a million: so, for the "slow" among us: e.g. for bbc radio 3 I will simplyh replace your link with:
http://bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r3.asx
beautiful, many thanks!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #44
review
Addict

@paola
indeed it is that simple. However you have to add -playlist between mplayer and http://...
That's all. With this particular radio station there is however a problem. Although you've done everything correctly it still wouldn't play. I have to update the mplayer file. I looked into it yesterday but wasn't able to fix this issue yet.
Will keep you updated.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:45 AM   #45
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post
@paola
indeed it is that simple. However you have to add -playlist between mplayer and http://...
That's all. With this particular radio station there is however a problem. Although you've done everything correctly it still wouldn't play. I have to update the mplayer file. I looked into it yesterday but wasn't able to fix this issue yet.
Will keep you updated.
many thanks review! but pelase do nto worry too much, there are plenty of stations to listen to otherwise.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote