Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #391
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
I've just got Zombie Fallout by Mark Tufo from the Kindle store. Looks like there are more in the series.
It's next on my reading list.
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #392
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
With Amazon now offering so many Indy freebies, and many of them zombie stories, those of us who love zombies find ourselves in

Zombie Heaven
and loving every minute of it!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #393
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Sounds like a load of rot to me Dr.Drib

(as a side note, did I see that we have yet ANOTHER part of the ResidentEvil coming out on the big-screen?)
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #394
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
The Mark Tufo books are very entertaining, not the greatest literary works but they keep pulling you in. Highly recommended.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #395
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
The Mark Tufo books are very entertaining, not the greatest literary works but they keep pulling you in. Highly recommended.
I'm quite looking forward to reading the first and the others in the series.
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #396
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Zooooooooombieeeeeeeeesss

Recommend me zoooooombie books!
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #397
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Not much of Zombie book reader, but I really enjoyed "World War Z" by Max Brooks.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #398
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Not much of Zombie book reader, but I really enjoyed "World War Z" by Max Brooks.
Second that! "World War Z" was really well written.

Really liked "The Passage” by Justin Cronin too, but these don't feature the usual zombies.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #399
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
Second that! "World War Z" was really well written.
Third that! Very interesting and entertaining.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #400
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I am currently listening to World War Z and enjoying it alot but liked The passage alot more. I have heard that Zone One is pretty good and Feed by Mira Grant too.
I assume you've already read through the existing thread about a dozen posts below your own https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31893
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #401
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Tooth&Nail by Craig DiLouie

The Gathering Dead by Stephen Knight

Dead City, Apocalypse of the Dead and Flesh Eaters by Joe McKinney

Ex-Heroes by Peter Clines

Resurrection by Tim Curran (its 'The Stand' of zombie novels. seriously, its like 700 pages long. but good.)
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #402
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Another vote for World War Z here, but I bought the audiobook. I think I enjoyed it more than I would have in print, because they hired different actors (like Mark Hamill and Henry Rollins) to read each story, which ended up making it sound like a radio documentary about a zombie apocalypse.

The Passage is great, but it's a vampire novel, not zombies. They're mindless, zombie-esque vampires, but not zombies in the Romero sense.

But as long as we're including vampires, I might recommend the novella "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson. There's a story (dunno if it's true or not) that Romero's "Night of the Living Dead" actually started as an adaptation of "I Am Legend" but they couldn't get the rights to the book. Most of the conventions of zombie movies owe a great deal to "I Am Legend," just as much if not more than Romero's movies.

Last edited by tecweston; 01-31-2012 at 12:03 AM.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:02 AM   #403
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I am currently listening to World War Z and enjoying it alot but liked The passage alot more. I have heard that Zone One is pretty good and Feed by Mira Grant too.
I assume you've already read through the existing thread about a dozen posts below your own https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31893
Ha ha! Nope didn't see that! Will have a look through it.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:39 AM   #404
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist.

I haven't read it myself so I can't comment on quality but it may not come up in a casual search on zombie books so I thought I'd list it here.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #405
Traye
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
I've been eyeing this up on the Kindle store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
Tooth&Nail by Craig DiLouie

Resurrection by Tim Curran (its 'The Stand' of zombie novels. seriously, its like 700 pages long. but good.)
I enjoyed The Infection by Craig Delouie and I'm going to look into Resurrection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist.

I haven't read it myself so I can't comment on quality but it may not come up in a casual search on zombie books so I thought I'd list it here.
I read this a while back. It was rather tame for a zombie story and I found it rather subtle and emotionally charged and quite sad in places. It was a bit of a refreshing change from the "usual" zombie tales.