Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-23-2014, 07:17 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Your favorite podcast?

I've started developing my own podcast but I need more inspiration. What literary podcasts do you guys like to listen to?
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Galactic Suburbia & Galactic Chat, DBSA Podcast, The Readers, Bookrageous, Books on the Nightstand, Book Riot & Dear Book Nerd, Books & Arts Daily (ABC au).
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
America's Test Kitchen
The Splendid Table
The Alton Browncast
Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
Car Talk
A Way With Words
Sunday Puzzle
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #4
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks for the tips
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #5
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
America's Test Kitchen
The Splendid Table
The Alton Browncast
Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
Car Talk
A Way With Words
Sunday Puzzle
Apache
Not literary, but that is remarkably similar to my wife's list and mine.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Literary? None.

I'm subscribed to a couple of podcasts, but the only one I still actually listen to regularly is Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. Once I started listening to audiobooks, I found I preferred that to listening to podcasts.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #7
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I don't listen to any literary podcasts, but I do listen to Big Picture Science, Radio Lab, Skepticality, Star Talk and Planetary Radio.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #8
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
I listen to a few podcasts, but the literary ones I listen to are the "H.P Lovecraft Literary Podcast," which has finished covering Lovecraft's works, and now covers the works of other weird fiction authors, and "A Podcast to the Curious," which has almost finished covering the works of ghost story author M.R James.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #9
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
CBC Radio has two: "Writers and Co." and "The Next Chapter". I'm not sure if they're accessible outside Canada, but you can try at: http://www.cbc.ca/radio/podcasts/

P.S. The Karl Ove Knausgaard podcast is still available.

Last edited by rkomar; 10-23-2014 at 01:25 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #10
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
CBC Radio has two: "Writers and Co." and "The Next Chapter". I'm not sure if they're accessible outside Canada, but you can try at: http://www.cbc.ca/radio/podcasts/
Here in NJ, USA, I'm able to play them from these links:

http://www.cbc.ca/thenextchapter/podcast.html
http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/Writers+and+Company/

Last edited by ApK; 10-23-2014 at 01:49 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #11
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Book Riot podcast: best book related podcast. Jeff and Rebecca are awesome. (Amanda Nelson and others pitch in to help every once in a while).

I also like: The Readers podcast, which is a basic book based banter podcast.

Critical Margins is excellent!

Books on the Nightstand is good as well.

I have no idea if ANY of these podcasts count as "literary".
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #12
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
The Guardian Books Podcast

BBC Radio 4 Books and Authors

BBC Radio 3 Arts and Ideas

BBC Radio 4 Bookclub

NPR Books

New York Times Book Review

The New York Review of Books

BBC World Service World Book Club

The Penguin Podcast

NPR Nebraska All ABout Books

NPR Nebraska New Books in History

The Guardian The Digested Read podcast

These are the ones i listen more often. There are more if you want... but some either are not updated often, or stopped being updated at all.

If you want podcasts in portuguese i can also give you another list but i guess you are not interested
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:15 PM   #13
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
The Guardian Books Podcast

BBC Radio 4 Books and Authors

BBC Radio 3 Arts and Ideas

BBC Radio 4 Bookclub

NPR Books

New York Times Book Review

The New York Review of Books

BBC World Service World Book Club

The Penguin Podcast

NPR Nebraska All ABout Books

NPR Nebraska New Books in History

The Guardian The Digested Read podcast
When do you have time to read?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #14
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
I..What literary podcasts ...
Literary ?? Do you mean podcasts that present literature or podcasts that talk about literature??

Personally, I avoid the latter, but listen to several that would possibly quality as the former.

My regulars include:

StarShipSofa.com
EscapePod.org
PodCastle.org
ToastedCake.com
LightSpeedMagazine.com

The first is in a "magazine" format with multiple "articles" and often multiple stories. The others are single story podcasts. I have a few others from which I pick and choose episodes.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #15
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Aren't podcasts for people who don't read?
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote