Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Metadata for Wrong Book

I just ran into something. I have at least one book, that when I download metadata, it picks the wrong book. Same title, different author.

The title and author are correct in the Calibre file before I start, but if I download metadata, it changes the author.

The book is Extreme Measures by Vince Flynn. I keep getting metadata for the same tilte book, but by Michael Palmer.

And considering I also read Michael Palmer, this could get very interesting.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
What I do in situations where I want to force a choice is copy and paste the ISBN from amazon. ISBN trumps everything else when retrieving metadata, so it'll get the right one.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
That did it, thanks.

I guess the first time it DLd the metadata, it grabbed the wrong ISBN.

It would be nice, if at some point, Calibre would inform you if there were some abiguity about which book it reallly is, and allow you to choose.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote