Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #16
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I'm THIS close to turning in my two K's for a sony 505.

Hey Sony people

Can you use the library with your devices?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #17
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I knew you were unhappy with the direction they took with the K2 but I didn't know you'd grown disgruntly with the K1. What's wrong?
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I knew you were unhappy with the direction they took with the K2 but I didn't know you'd grown disgruntly with the K1. What's wrong?
This post. I still love my K1's. Its Amazon I'm done with. Read post 1

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=41929&page=10
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:

Hey Sony people

i'm pretty sure you can ; just get the pdf files instead of mobi. plus unless i'm mistaken, you can return them early if you finish them before they are due, and check out new ones.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #20
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:

Hey Sony people

Si senorita! Don't ask me how though, I haven't figured it out I think you just download digital editions and that's pretty much it.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #21
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Hey Sony people

dg,

Not only can you use the library to borrow books but most libraries have more pdfs than mobi ebooks available. Also, Adobe Digital Editions allows you to return the books early.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #22
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Si senorita! Don't ask me how though, I haven't figured it out I think you just download digital editions and that's pretty much it.
lilac,

Anytime you need instructions on how to borrow ebooks from your local library just ask.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #23
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
lilac,

Anytime you need instructions on how to borrow ebooks from your local library just ask.
My local library doesn't have ebooks

I've been tempted to get the NYPL, but to be honest the only thing that keeps my TBR list under control is money, ha! I'd say it would save me money, but it isn't true. I'd still spend just as much each month. So for now, I go library ebook-less.

I have weird issues, I tell you.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #24
grooks
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I have weird issues, I tell you.
I could make a comment but I will refrain
Old 03-12-2009, 07:23 PM   #25
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I could make a comment but I will refrain
Heh, comment all you like I know I'm crazy.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #26
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
This post. I still love my K1's. Its Amazon I'm done with. Read post 1

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=41929&page=10
Wow. That is truly dire.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #27
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:

Hey Sony people

Yes, Sony supports PDF and ePUB eBooks that are available in libraries. No workarounds needed but you do need to use ADE on a PC to set it up.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #28
busy91
Connoisseur
busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Nook Color
Congratulations on your choice. Enjoy it!
busy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #29
rhk
rhk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Yes, Sony supports PDF and ePUB eBooks that are available in libraries. No workarounds needed but you do need to use ADE on a PC to set it up.

Dale

The PDF fits on the reader nicely? It's easy to read?

I've been using the mobi versions on the Kindle2 and am very happy with how it works, just debating about returning the K2 and getting a Sony.
rhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #30
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk View Post
The PDF fits on the reader nicely? It's easy to read?

I've been using the mobi versions on the Kindle2 and am very happy with how it works, just debating about returning the K2 and getting a Sony.
Text in PDF on a Sony are reflowed on a paper page basis to aid in reading. This works well although it can be a bit disconcerting when the page changes. It is not as smooth as reading an ePUB version. Really large images can be bothersome but the Sony 700 has a zoom for PDF that can solve that problem.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony 505