Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #16
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
'sigh............wrong link. I have the digital version, but apparently they took it off. sorry.........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:41 AM   #17
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
'sigh............wrong link. I have the digital version, but apparently they took it off. sorry.........
Oh, yes, I also bought that one when it was available. It was called "Three Plums in One" and, you're right, it is no longer available for Kindle at amazon. What a shame, as it was a really good deal for the 3 books for $9.99.

I have some other Kindle book bundles to report. I'll gather the info and post about them soon (might not be until tomorrow, tho, cuz I am pretty darn tired today).

Cheers,
Xia
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #18
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Just purchased the first three of Alexander Kent's Bolitho series as an omnibus for $7.99.

I haven't read it yet, but I understand its a sailing adventure comparable to Hornblower.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Midsh...4326165&sr=1-1

It ends up being a 29 novel series, but I believe that a number of them are sold as omnibus collections??
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #19
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
Just purchased the first three of Alexander Kent's Bolitho series as an omnibus for $7.99.

I haven't read it yet, but I understand its a sailing adventure comparable to Hornblower.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Midsh...4326165&sr=1-1

It ends up being a 29 novel series, but I believe that a number of them are sold as omnibus collections??
Is that a Topaz book?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:09 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Sony has tons of these (I thought Amazon did too). I've bought a few.

Edit* Oh and the Sony version of this is $38, just not sure if it has the same number of books. If it does, holy crap, Sony wins the price war for once!
http://ebookstore.sony.com/bundle/so...les_Featured_1

*Double Edit It's missing the 8th book, but even then it's still cheaper than the Kindle set. Not the paperback set though I guess.
http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/cha...00000000177943

Actually, Sony has it for $49.95 for the same set. It's not a boxed set as we don't get the box.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #21
jxh11215
Connoisseur
jxh11215 doesn't litterjxh11215 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 1 & Kindle 2
Thumbs up Other Booksellers have these as well

http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin...k-Bundles.html

Some are too pricey for me, but occasionally they put together books of a genre as well as books in a series or by a single author.
jxh11215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #22
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/cha...00000000177943

Actually, Sony has it for $49.95 for the same set. It's not a boxed set as we don't get the box.
I think most of us on here are smart enough to know that you don't actually get a box with an ebook, Jon.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:01 PM   #23
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think most of us on here are smart enough to know that you don't actually get a box with an ebook, Jon.
You don't?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #24
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Is that a Topaz book?
My bad, it is a Topaz. My first one. I saw text to speech enabled and didn't even think that it might be Topaz. Shows how out of touch I am.

Michael
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
My bad, it is a Topaz. My first one. I saw text to speech enabled and didn't even think that it might be Topaz. Shows how out of touch I am.

Michael
Thanks. I generally won't buy Topaz, but with 3 books for $8 I might make an exception. I've been wanting to check out this series and it appears it's either Topaz or DRM'd PDF from BoB for more money.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:37 PM   #26
Jason Shaffer
Jason Shaffer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Ok so I'm not sure if anyone has looked at this recently, but its now $29.90 for 8 books. That comes to $3.74/book. A great deal.

Jason
Jason Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #28
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
So far as I can tell, no. In comparing the titles available on Amazon vs the books in this series as listed on Wikipedia it appears that the first three are the only ones in an omnibus. So the $7.99 for the first three is a nice deal but you can look forward to spending $7.99 for each of the remaining 26 volumes unless something changes. About $218 for all 29 ebooks or about $7.44 each. When you compare that to what I spent for the O'Brian or Forester collections in large paperback it is not too bad a deal.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #29
PublicDomainiac
PublicDomainiac began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just joined MobileRead and already I learned something new--I had no idea you could buy Kindle books in "bundles!"

FYI, if you use KindleIQ, put bundle in the keyword search box, and select "exclude public domain" in the drop-down menu, it currently comes up with 236 results. (Some are books which happen to have "bundle" in the title, though.)

I have a related question--beyond what's available in bundles, I'd be happy enough to find more modern (non-public domain) series where every title is available for Kindle. I've only found a few so far--such as Jo Dereske's Miss Zukas series thus far (one more is due out later this year), and C. R. Corwin's Morgue Mama series, off the top of my head. Anybody have others they are aware of?
PublicDomainiac is offline   Reply With Quote