Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2014, 04:01 AM   #61
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The only report I can think of says the H2O gets 3.7.0 during setup. 3.8.0 was released the day after this was mentioned and Kobo said it was going to the Touch, Glo, Aura and Aura HD. I would expect it is also going to the Aura H2O and Kobo didn't mention it because no-one had one. Or that Kobo plan to release another firmware closer to the release date.
For the time being they still send 3.7.0 to H2O.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:22 AM   #62
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Thanks for the notice, Nate. I can't wait to read your review. As it stands, it looks like my beloved Aura HD will be passed onto my husband and I'll be picking up the H2O when I get a chance.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #63
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Nate, please, one question.

What about the battery life? Similar to kobo aura HD?

ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #64
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
I didn't know the H2O came with a 3.8.0 release. When I wrote the message I expected the H2O would use a newer firmware release. A H2O exclusive release which would be rolled out to other devices later.
I think that Nate sideloaded the 3.8.0 update on both his Aura HD and the review Aura H2O so they would be on the same firmware revision.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #65
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I think that Nate sideloaded the 3.8.0 update on both his Aura HD and the review Aura H2O so they would be on the same firmware revision.

Regards,
David
I sideloaded 2.8 on the Aura HD. I think it was automatically installed on the H1O.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #66
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I sideloaded 2.8 on the Aura HD. I think it was automatically installed on the H1O.
Nate, I think you have a leak . That should be 3.8 and H2O
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #67
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Nate, I think you have a leak . That should be 3.8 and H2O
Nah, he was just starting the scotch proof testing early.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #68
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Ok Nate, when are you posting your review?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #69
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Ok Nate, when are you posting your review?
I'm going to try to write it this weekend.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #70
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll be stalking your blog.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:15 AM   #71
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
And I'll be called the NSA to be after you for cyber-stalking.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:35 PM   #72
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
I haven't finished the review but I did post something which might interest you:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...creen-quality/
Old 09-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #73
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Awesome. I do see a clear difference in the screens. And it's nice to see that the H2O is only minutely taller than the HD.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #74
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvhilndr View Post
Although I'm curious about quite a few things, most of which others have covered, what I'm most curious about is the shiny black bezel around the screen. I had the original Nook and the shiny bezel bothered me the whole time I used it. I'm hoping this won't be the case with the H2O. Is the bezel as shiny as it looks in the photos? Do you notice it while reading?
I wouldn't say that it is shiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Nate, thanks for taking questions. Does the h2o light have a cooler or warmer tone than the HD? Also, can both header and footer be turned off for maximum screen real estate.
They're on the same firmware now, so this is probably redundant, but when I am reading all i see is the text and the page number at the bottom of the screen. There's no header.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Nate, please, one question.

What about the battery life? Similar to kobo aura HD?

So far as I can tell, yes.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #75
luvhilndr
Connoisseur
luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I wouldn't say that it is shiny.
Thanks for answering Nate. Just to clarify that I meant the small bezel directly around the screen, not the wider outer part. It seems shiny in reviews and photos, just like the one on the old Nook classic. If it doesn't catch light and stand out while reading, then I will pre-order one.
luvhilndr is offline   Reply With Quote