Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #46
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
On the desktop version of ADE, the library screen has been showing half the cover thumbnail ever since version 1.5 (since 2008).
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
On the desktop version of ADE, the library screen has been showing half the cover thumbnail ever since version 1.5 (since 2008).
Not so. I've just taken a look at the cover view in the library view for 1.7.2 and it works perfectly. It shows the full cover.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2012, 03:10 AM   #48
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Oh? And what dimensions did the cover have?
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #49
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Huh, according to this Dec 2012 thread on the ADE support forums, there may be someone we can direct our bug reports to:

Quote:
Jeff A Wright:
For submitting bugs we don't have a formalized process. Usually we are notified of potential issues via our support team. Unfortunately the volume is so low for ADE that it can be more difficult for them to spot trends.

If you can reproduce a particular error consistently feel free to reach out to me via private message or my e-mail jwright@adobe.com.
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:19 AM   #50
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Time to drop him a message pointing to this thread?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2013, 03:59 AM   #51
lrui
Enthusiast
lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lrui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook simple touch
On the desktop version of ADE, .PNGimages cannot be displayed
lrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #52
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrui View Post
They display fine for me
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrui View Post
ADE 1.7.2 and ADE 2.0 both display PNG format graphics just fine.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:15 AM   #54
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
ADE 1.7.2 and ADE 2.0 both display PNG format graphics just fine.
Except in some case, see here (post #16 in this very thread)
Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Except in some case, see here (post #16 in this very thread)
Given that is a message from 2011, has PNG with a bit depth less then 8 been tested with ADE 1.7.2 and 2.0?
Old 03-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #56
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

I don't know, but it was tested in the Orizon reader (which uses something like a pre-2.0 version). You can try it in ADE now: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EPub_Reader_Test
Old 03-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I don't know, but it was tested in the Orizon reader (which uses something like a pre-2.0 version). You can try it in ADE now: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EPub_Reader_Test
ADE 1.8.3 for Windows displayed the PNG images just fine.

ADE 1.7.2 for Windows did display the PNG bug.

ADE 2.0 for Windows did displayed the PNG images just fine.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:05 AM   #58
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

In any case, we often say "ADE" to refer to the renderer used by Adobe-based ePub readers (mobile-sdk or whatever its official name is). I don't know if this particular bug is fixed in newer readers, but if anyone tries, he/she could add all the results to the wiki page
Old 11-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #59
m4mmon
Enthusiast
m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: PB631, PB741, PB840
Sorry to answer to this old post, but I encounter an annoying behaviour with "recent" versions of ADE and some other software like fbReader.
In french, it is typographically correct to write, let's say, "Mlle" with "lle" as superscript :
Code:
M<sup>lle</sup>
Same with "Dr", "Me", etc.
The annoying behaviour I am talking about is that the software might break the word between "M" and "lle" to render a new line within a paragraph, instead of starting before or after the complete word. It would break chemistry formulas, etc.
This is not related to hyphenation since it was the first thing I disabled when encountering this for the first time.

It does not happen with ADE 1.x and on my PRS-T1, or when viewing the xhtml file in any browser I have tried.
It happens with ADE 2.0, Adobe Reader and fbReader on a friend's Pocketbook 623. I suspect it happens on all recent readers.

May be someone has some trick to avoid that ?
m4mmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #60
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You could try a span with 'white-space:nowrap', but support for that is really poor. The behavious makes sense, since it has a tag inside a word. So, the renderer has no real idea that it belongs to the same word.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote