Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
pedz
Nameless Being

Calibre bug?

I thought I would check here first.

If Calibre has to split an html into parts, I believe it does not handle <pre> tags correctly.

In my example, the input looks like:

Code:
  <pre class="idl">interface <dfn id="htmlelement">HTMLElement</dfn> : <a href="part000.html#element">Element</a> {
  // <a href="part001.html#dom-tree-accessors">DOM tree accessors</a>
  NodeList <a href="part001.html#dom-getelementsbyclassname" title="dom-getElementsByClassName">getElementsByClassName</a>(in D
and the output is:

Code:
  <pre class="idl">interface HTMLElement : Element {
  // DOM tree accessors
  NodeList getElementsByClassName(in DOMString classNames);
Also, references to the id point to the wrong part in at least one case I have.

I just downloaded 0.6.46 and it has the problem too.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC the <pre> splitting code doesn't handle tags inside a <pre> well. Iy you want to do that use a <div> and use css to set the whitespace rules instead.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert