Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Teranox
Teranox began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Lightbulb Better RSS Ebook conversion

Hi, this is my first post here but I would like to expose what I would like to see / be able to do

About making Rss conversion to Ebook, there is a couple of things that could make it more AWESOME.

here is what I suggest:

-Add only articles posted since last sync/download: This could be great if calibre could "know/see/check" what has been added since last time he created an ebook from a news feed. By exemple: yesterday, rss.com posted articles a, b, c, d, e, f, g. Calibre made it into an ebook containing those post. Today, rss.com published article h, i, j, k. Then calibre will remember that last post he added to ebook was g, so he will not include it and start gathering post that had only been published after. (I know you can set the ammount of post and how many days to look back, but if the process is done twice a day and depending on how many post that rss feed do per day, this will create duplicata).

-Content Sharing: In fact I don't know it this is already working but if not, it could be cool to have the content sharing feature enabled (.mobi & .awz3)

-Auto Custom Cover and metadata: This would be nice if calibre would be able to do automatic metadata filling when it create the book. Like adding a pre-defined book cover of our own, filling issue number, author's name, editor's name, series's name,

-Choose format: I know it can be converted, but why at first we can't choose the original format? As a Kindle user, I know that .epub is not supported by the device and I must convert it each time (automatic but still create 2 files when only need the .mobi or awz3). And content sharing is not available with epub format. (As far as i know)

-Share the news: An option that would allow to Store/sync in the cloud the settings for our Rss ebooks and be able to share them (read only) to others by social media and email so we can become a kind of self-publisher of news. That would be cool to be able to suscribe to those.
Teranox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, idea, rss