Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-19-2014, 05:18 AM   #1
abusimbel
abusimbel never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.abusimbel never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.abusimbel never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.abusimbel never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.abusimbel never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.abusimbel never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.abusimbel never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.abusimbel never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.abusimbel never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.abusimbel never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.abusimbel never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: kindle
Help with relative logo size

Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance for any and all help. This is my first post and I look forward to being part of this community.

I am having a bit of trouble getting my image (jpeg) logo and titles to be the correct size when they are opened in the kindle previewer and thus in multiple readers (kindle, kindle DX, Fire, ipad, android etc.) Some of the images are the correct size relative to each other and in other programs some are absolutely tiny while others are huge (even though I have saved the huge ones as smaller files). This is how I build the ebook:

1. Write it in Open Office and save it as an html file.
2. Edit the html file in Dreamweaver, building the TOC etc.
3. Covert the html file with Calibre.

Does anyone know how I can get my images (only the title/publishing pages, there are no illustrations in the book) to be the correct size for all of the different platforms?

Again thanks much for the help and let me know if I should add more info.

Cheers,

Abusimbel
abusimbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
'Correct'
Relative to what Standard of Measure?

See what I mean?

1) Maintain the (original or a specified) size no matter what .
Stylesheet: width: <use image size in px>; height: <use image size in px>;

2) Stretch to fill the screen, even if it distorts the shape.
Stylesheet: width: 100%; height: 100%;

3) Stretch to fill the screen, But stop the stretching when the shape hit one edge limit
Wrap in a SVG

Calibre created Titlepages will use a SVG wrapper (unless disabled in preferences) if the 'Preserve Cover Aspect Ratio' is ticked in Preferences Output options. (I use this code as my template in other controlled image places)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
It always uses an SVG wrapper, the preference simply controls the aspect ratio declared in the SVG attributes.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote