Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
Anso
Anso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Oasis, Scribe
Calibre - displaying ONLY latest imported books?

I'm sure there's a very easy way around it but I can't find it...

If I import some new books and want to edit the metadata etc... sometimes in the middle of this process it (I do something?) decides to mix this new batch into (alphabetical order) my whole library. I'm then left trying to remember which books/authors I imported and having to search for them (invaribly probably missing one or two at times).

Is there an easy way of ONLY making it display the VERY latest imported batch of books please?

Probably something very silly and easy... right? LOL!

Thanks in advance
Anso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anso View Post
I'm sure there's a very easy way around it but I can't find it...

If I import some new books and want to edit the metadata etc... sometimes in the middle of this process it (I do something?) decides to mix this new batch into (alphabetical order) my whole library. I'm then left trying to remember which books/authors I imported and having to search for them (invaribly probably missing one or two at times).

Is there an easy way of ONLY making it display the VERY latest imported batch of books please?

Probably something very silly and easy... right? LOL!

Thanks in advance
1) Tag-'em during import using the Adding Books (was in Look and feel) preference 'Tags to add',
then search:tags:your-tag

2) search date:01-10-2011 <- note the format for searching is fussy and does not respect the display format below. Be sure to use your date
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The simplest solution is to click on the header of the date column to get them listed in reverse order of adding to the library.

If you want to check each one individually after adding, then setting a tag to be automatically added when the book is imported is a good idea. I set a TODO tag on my books on adding just for this purpose.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
The simplest solution is to click on the header of the date column to get them listed in reverse order of adding to the library...
That is exactly how I do it. No tags to add or edit that way. Just two quick mouse clicks.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
The simplest solution is to click on the header of the date column to get them listed in reverse order of adding to the library.

If you want to check each one individually after adding, then setting a tag to be automatically added when the book is imported is a good idea. I set a TODO tag on my books on adding just for this purpose.
I do both these things too. I set calibre to add the tag working to any new book I add to the library. But often sort on date to get recent adds to the top.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anso View Post
In addition to the other fine suggestions, you can also display books recently added.

For example, to display books added since February 1st, type the following in the search box:
Code:
date:">2011-02-01"
G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote