Notices

Old 06-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #16
Ternover
Enthusiast
Ternover began at the beginning.

Device: PB 302, IQ, Archos 70IT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
Length could be an issue, I would try to get shorter. Try 32 for the beginning.
I have no 302 to test, I can only guess.
Woohoo! It worked. I took it down to 29 characters and I now have a working connection. Might have worked at 30-32 but I'm happy now.

Thanks so much for your help.
Ternover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Is there anyway to change the settings on the wifi connection. I have a connection error which suggests my 302 isn't even recognising my Netgear router. I'm not broadcasting on channel 1, using WEP (simple) . error states ... "SET failed on eth0 ; Network is unreachable.

I'm sat by the side of the router, all other wifi linkages are Okay.

FmW 15.2

WEP password is of 26 characters ...

Last edited by GeoffC; 06-08-2010 at 01:20 PM.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #18
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Can u post the full error message.
I do not have a 302 so I cant helping in setup, but maybe I can see something strange in the fault.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:53 AM   #19
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does the error message get dumped into a file ? (I cannot see anything).
Or does it mean I have to type it all out manually ?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:26 AM   #20
GeoffC

name=pocketbook302
btpin=1234
enabled=1
trying connection "home"
connection type: wifi
wifi.1.essid=xxxxxxxx
wifi.1.baudrate=115200
wifi.1.channel=1
wifi.1.security=1
wifi.1.key=*****
wifi.1.cacert=@cert_none
wifi.1.idle=60
wifi.1.network.ipconfig=0
/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/wireless/gspi.ko
/sbin/insmod /lib/modules/wireless/gspi8xxx.ko helper_
name=/lib/firmware/helper_gspi.bin fw_name=/lib/firmware/
gspi8686.bin
/sbin/iwconfig eth0 up
/sbin/iwconfig eth0 nickname "Pocket302"
/sbin/iwconfig eth0 key "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" (26 chrs max router can take)
/sbin/iwconfig eth0 key restricted
/sbin/iwconfig eth0 essid "xxxxxxxxx"
Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
SET failed on device eth0 ; network is unreachable

These last two lines then repeated a further 4 times.
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #21
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

It shows no set IP address, DHCP is on or off ?

Also SET SSID fails, some strange characters in ur ssid. maybe something the PB cant take ?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #22
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
You can manually edit your settings, if you do not have DHCP.Just change the network settings from DHCP to manual and enter your data manually.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #23
GeoffC

The DHCP is set on the PB, also the router ...
the ssid is a text string...
Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #24
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I'm not broadcasting on channel 1, using WEP (simple) . error states ... "SET failed on eth0 ; Network is unreachable.

I'm sat by the side of the router, all other wifi linkages are Okay.

FmW 15.2

WEP password is of 26 characters ...
Did I read that correct, u are NOT using Channel 1 ?
But ur PB is set to 1 !
Old 06-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #25
GeoffC

My PB is set to channel 1 (presumably default); my router to channel 13 - I am not aware of any way to reset the channel on the PB...
Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #26
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie

last chance (from my side)
Did u set the proxy correct in the setup, afaik it should be the router IP address. It says set it, in the manual

As i said i can not test anything bacause I own a 360, mybe a 302 owner has the chance to help more.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #27
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
last chance (from my side)
Did u set the proxy correct in the setup, afaik it should be the router IP address. It says set it, in the manual

As i said i can not test anything bacause I own a 360, mybe a 302 owner has the chance to help more.

I left that as automatic, but you may have a possible further avenue for me to explore. The only 'danger' I have with a fixed IP is that the IP addressing on my system varies according to the order in which PCs and laptops logon ..... !!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #28
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
When you make a backup, there is a file in the tarball with network settings for each profile. I would assume it's on the device's filesystem too, though I never looked. You may be able to edit this file manually to set the PB302 to channel 13. Take a look in the user profiles.

If your wifi router is broadcasting on ch13, and the PB302 is on channel 1, they're not going to talk together at the link layer, making static vs. DHCP moot.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #29
Ternover
Enthusiast
Ternover began at the beginning.

Device: PB 302, IQ, Archos 70IT
I just looked at the details of my PB 302 after testing my connection. I do have a good connection now. That said, my details in PB are still showing wifi on channel 1 even when I know that my network is using channel 6. So, I think the channel 1 thing might be a red herring.

I know you must have done this but have you checked
-if using mac filtering it is in the filter list
-you are broadcasting your SSID

I have my proxy settings set to off.

Other than that I would suspect the length of the wep key. I use WPA on my network and even though all my other devices were capable of using the 33 character key the PB was not. So maybe the PB is not capable of doing 128-bit wep (26 hex chars/13 chars ASCII). Try taking the characters down to a 64-bit key to test. Did you enter the key in ASCII or HEX? Try both to see if that makes a difference.

Just thought of another thing, I went into the connections and chose wep encryption and saw it doesn't have a switch to choose ASCII vs HEX chars so you may have to enter 0x preceding your 26 bit hex code to let it know that this is a hex entry....

Can't think of anything else right now.

Last edited by Ternover; 06-09-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Ternover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:32 PM   #30
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
I was able to connect to 128bit WEP via an ASCII key.

That's interesting regarding the channel; I wonder if that setting determines which channel PB starts looking on, and then scans through until it finds a live one?
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote