Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-30-2014, 06:38 AM   #76
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Sorry, I must have been using the old batch file too :-( I started again from scratch and it worked correctly.
I am glad it is working. Thank you for trying again.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:01 AM   #77
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I've updated the patch_kobo_330.zip attached to post #1 with tshering's new 3.3.0_unpack.bat / 3.3.0.bat, and a new 3.3.0_unpack.sh that incorporates chrisridd's Mac OS X patch32lsb executable. The instructions for patching on Mac are exactly the same as for Linux.

Edit: I've also added a 64-bit Linux executable, for those systems (not sure how common they are) that don't have 32-bit compatibility librarys installed.

Last edited by GeoffR; 04-30-2014 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Linux 64-bit executables
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #78
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry for inconvenience, but I modified the batch file again. This one replaces both (3.3.0.bat and 3.3.0_unpack.bat), no second batch file necessary.

Changes:
  • Project name can optionally be set in the batch file.
    • I pre-set it to "3.3.0" (SET projectname=3.3.0).
    • If empty (SET projectname=) the project name is generated based on the filename (e.g., if the name of the batch file is my3.3.0special.bat, the project name will be my3.3.0special and it will be assumed the existence of a folder my3.3.0special_source)
      (I am sorry to have forced the untelling name 3.3.0_unpack on you previoulsly.)
  • The batch file decides whether to unpack files or not. If it does not find a necessary Kobo source file in the {project}_source folder, it tries to unpack it from KoboRoot.tar, KoboRoot.tgz, KoboRoot.zip in this order.
  • Creates KoboRoot.tgz, only if there is something worth packing.
  • The batch file can be called from command line (cd first to tha directory where the batch file is located) with the option "restore" in order to produce a KoboRoot.tgz that restores the original unpatched state of the ereader (no need to modify the .patch files).
    Code:
    >renameMeAsYouLike.bat restore
  • Improved error handling.
Attached Files
File Type: zip renameMeAsYouLike.zip (1.5 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by tshering; 05-01-2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #79
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Sorry for inconvenience, but I modified the batch file again. This one replaces both (3.3.0.bat and 3.3.0_unpack.bat), no second batch file necessary.
Thanks, I've included this in patch_kobo_330.zip attached to post #1, I named it 3.3.0.bat and updated the instructions.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:53 AM   #80
giododa
Connoisseur
giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.giododa can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Works like a charm, thank you all for the great work.
giododa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2014, 07:57 AM   #81
scoky
Connoisseur
scoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; KOBO AURA HD
Thanks for this patch. it makes kobo more nice.
`Remove system fonts in Reader list`, does this patch still work? I used it in version 3.2.0 and it is useful to me.
scoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #82
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This is how I create KoboRoot.tgz on Windows, in case it might be helpful to anybody.
Create this batch file (spoiler) on (e.g.) c:\mykobotools\, and name it, for instance, createKBRoot.bat.
Spoiler:

modify the path to the z-zip executable
SET the7zipexe="C:\Programme\7-Zip\7z.exe"

Code:
@ECHO off

SET the7zipexe="C:\Programme\7-Zip\7z.exe"

IF (%~f1) == () GOTO NothingDropped
IF NOT EXIST %~f1\NUL GOTO FileDropped

CD %~f1
REM --- clean up
IF EXIST KoboRoot.tar DEL KoboRoot.tar
IF EXIST KoboRoot.tgz DEL KoboRoot.tgz

REM --- make tar
"%the7zipexe%" a KoboRoot.tar -ttar  * -r  -x!_*
REM --- make tgz
"%the7zipexe%" a KoboRoot.tgz -tgzip  KoboRoot.tar

REM --- clean up
IF EXIST KoboRoot.tar DEL KoboRoot.tar

GOTO ByBy

REM ---- here starts error handling
:NothingDropped
ECHO drop folder file on this batch file!
GOTO ByBy

:FileDropped
ECHO drop folder on this batch file!
GOTO ByBy

:ByBy
PAUSE
  • create the needed content in a dedicated folder, e.g.
    c:\myKoboRoot\usr\local\Kobo\libnickel.so.1.0.0
    c:\myKoboRoot\usr\local\Kobo\librmsdk.so.1.0.0
  • open two windows in explorer (file manager)
    navigate the first window to c:\.
    navigate the second window to c:\mykobotools\
  • drag and drop the folder myKoboRoot unto the batch file (createKBRoot.bat)
  • find KoboRoot.tgz in c:\myKoboRoot\
Note: The batch file must be on the same drive as the target directory! Don't use spaces in the target path.
Nice, script but it has some "hardcoded" links to system directories. Use the default Windows settings to find and use the right location automatically.

%APPDATA%
%ProgramFiles%
%ProgramFiles(x86)%

e.g:
SET the7zipexe="%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7z.exe"

Note, addition: I've seen the updated script. IMHO, my friendly suggestion applies also the update script.

Last edited by Anak; 05-07-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #83
tshering
Wizard

@Anak, thank you for your comment and the suggestion.

Actually, I modified my original script to the hard-coded version before posting, since I thought (maybe this was a mistake) this might prevent troubles with uncommon settings. In case it might be useful for somebody, my original script sets the the7zipexe this way:

Code:
REM --- get the path to 7zip.exe
cd "%~dp0"
for /f "delims=" %%i in ('_get_7zip.bat') do (SET the7zipexe=%%i)
IF "%the7zipexe%"=="no" (GOTO exenotfound)
And the _get_7zip.bat:
Code:
@ECHO OFF
REM ------- try to get a manually set 7-zip executable
SET theexe=C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe
IF EXIST "%theexe%" (GOTO foundit)

REM ------- try to get another manually set 7-zip executable
SET theexe=C:\7za920\7za.exe

REM ------- repeat this for other non-standard locations on your machines

REM ------- try to get the installed 7-zip executable
FOR /f "tokens=2*" %%A in ('REG QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\7-Zip" /v Path') DO SET theexe=%%B\7z.exe

SET theexe=no
:foundit
ECHO %theexe%

Last edited by tshering; 05-07-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:58 AM   #84
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoky View Post
`Remove system fonts in Reader list`, does this patch still work? I used it in version 3.2.0 and it is useful to me.
Here is the `Remove system fonts in Reader list` patch for 3.3.0. I haven't used this patch before, I'm not certain it is working as it is supposed to, some built-in fonts such as Gothic are still on the list:
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Remove system fonts in Reader list`
patch_enable = `no`
replace_bytes = 93F8B4, CC F6 8A E6, 00 46 00 46
</Patch>
Old 05-08-2014, 10:11 AM   #85
scoky
Connoisseur
scoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; KOBO AURA HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Here is the `Remove system fonts in Reader list` patch for 3.3.0. I haven't used this patch before, I'm not certain it is working as it is supposed to, some built-in fonts such as Gothic are still on the list:
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Remove system fonts in Reader list`
patch_enable = `no`
replace_bytes = 93F8B4, CC F6 8A E6, 00 46 00 46
</Patch>
,it works! Thanks!
scoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #86
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I just tried the link and it worked for me.

I've copied the link from the download button on the page. You might give this a try.

http://rghost.net/download/53295702/...erpatch_12.exe

Regards,
David
Apologies in advance for what is probably a very dumb question, but post #1 in this thread does not include the link to download mz_koboreaderpatch_12.exe, at least not anywhere that I can see. Is this no longer required for use in patching 3.3.0?

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #87
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Apologies in advance for what is probably a very dumb question, but post #1 in this thread does not include the link to download mz_koboreaderpatch_12.exe, at least not anywhere that I can see. Is this no longer required for use in patching 3.3.0?
To the best of my knowledge everything needed to Patch fw 3.3 is now contained in the download zip in post #1 and the new instructions are also all in post #1.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #88
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As GeoffR said, the problem seems to be related to the spaces in the path. I will try to fix this. Since I am reworking the whole batch file, this might need some time. In between please try a an other path and see how this works.
I'm getting the same error message pointing to the spaces in the file path, which I have removed, and I'm also getting an error message that the 3.3.0_target folder can't be found, as well as an error processing the libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch file. I deleted out all the patches I don't want before running the bat file so I'm not sure where the hang up is at this point.

EDIT: when the bat file is running it's creating a KoboRoot.tar file, but there's no .tgz file.

Last edited by 93terp; 05-14-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: added creation of KoboRoot.tar file to explanation.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #89
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
To the best of my knowledge everything needed to Patch fw 3.3 is now contained in the download zip in post #1 and the new instructions are also all in post #1.
Thanks Jackie. I did go back step by step from the instructions posted in #1, but now I'm hung up running the bat file. At this point I'm stumped as to what's causing the error.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #90
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Thanks Jackie. I did go back step by step from the instructions posted in #1, but now I'm hung up running the bat file. At this point I'm stumped as to what's causing the error.
Could you post the actual error messages you are getting?