Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
Book Worm
Enthusiast
Book Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litterBook Worm doesn't litter

Device: Sony e Reader 505 *BLUE*
Book Cover with light

So, I picked up my first accessory for my 505 today… and I don’t even have the 505 in my hands yet!!

I had been looking into a cover because I am hard on my electronics. I had seen hard cases, normal cases and ones with the light attachment.

Today when I opened my email I saw I had a 30% off coupon for anything at Borders books store. So before work I drove over to see what they had. They had the normal pink or black leather cover and they also had the black leather cover with the light attachment.

After doing the math in my head (not always a smart thing for me to do) I went with the cover with the light attachment.

I walked over to check out and I got away with the cover for 48.99!!!! Its normaly 69.99!!

So, a heads up for anyone who wants a cover…. Borders is the place to go!!

Last edited by Book Worm; 02-06-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Book Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I received the book cover with light as a xmas gift. Like it and use it alot when reading in bed. A price of < $50 is very good.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I don't have one but have looked at them and, were I to need a reading light, I think that cover would be the one for me.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #4
wjrc
wjrc began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
I have just got the Sony Reader and like the idea of the Cover with Light.
Has anyone tried them out to see if it is clear to read as have heard it is a little opaque

Thanks
wjrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
While the light-wedge isn't totally clear, it's certainly usable with no problems & if you're not using the light, it just rotates back out of the way.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #6
BBRags
Connoisseur
BBRags began at the beginning.

Device: None
I have the Sony cover with the light wedge. My wedge has a lightly frosted surface to help disperse the light and it does blur the text slightly - but not as much as I've seen in pictures of the PRS700's screen. To compensate, I increase the font size. The lightwedge cover is expensive and not perfect, but I prefer it to a clip-on.

I have read descriptions of the wedge as being crystal clear but with many scratches, right out of the package, which lead me to wonder if Sony made two versions.

I keep mine in a zippered case to keep dust particles off the wedge and to prevent the wedge from rubbing against and scratching the 505's screen.

Last edited by BBRags; 02-12-2009 at 09:59 AM.
BBRags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:12 AM   #7
wjrc

Thanks so much, just bought my ereader and am excited to get it set up.
Am in the UK, are you? Maybe there are slightly different version in each country.
Will give it a go.

Thanks so much :~)
Old 02-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #8
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
My lightwedge sounds just like BBRags--lightly frosted and it does make the text a little bit less crisp. But I do really like it. I use at night quite frequently--and just increase the font size.

I haven't had any problems with scratches, and I've been able to clean the dust off very easily with those lens cleaner cloths for eyeglasses.

I keep my reader in the light wedge cover all the time and don't do anything special for storage--it resides in my purse most of the time, unless I'm using it.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:12 PM   #9
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Mine is clear...and I leave it in the little "sleeve" of packing material that it came packed with when I'm not using it. I generally leave the Reader in its regular cover most of the time, and only swap to the Reader with light cover when I want to read in low-light conditions.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:44 AM   #10
wjrc

Thanks I bought the Sony cover with light and its great. As you say a little fuzzy but a fabulous item. May thanks for your help :~)