Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
Refurbished Sony PRS-350 $59.98 at sonystore today

I don't know if this is applicable to every order but I received an email today from sonystyle of a further saving of $9.99 for the refurbished prs-350. When checking out, the shopping cart will reflect this new price.

Cart Subtotal $69.98
Promotional Discount -$9.99
Tax $3.07
Shipping $0.00
Remaining Balance $63.06
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Seems that extra discount is good through April 7th, I just tried it and got this message under the price just before the final checkout, final checkout price $59.99 before tax:
Quote:
$9.99 savings reflected in order total. Valid thru Apriil 7. Limit two per customer.
I'm even more tempted to get a 3rd now even though I have a brand new spare... must resist...
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
moyogi2
ereader apprentice guru
moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-T1, Sony 300 (so far)
sold out as of Sunday night. Darn it - I wanted another one!
moyogi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Well, they're all gone now. I emailed and asked Sony to match the 59.99 since I had purchased 2 the week before at 69.99 but they wouldn't. Evidentially their price match policy only applies on items they still have for sale and the rep told me that the items are no longer for sale. I am glad, however, that I got them when I did. I'll mourn them when they eventually die.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
I have bookmark for the reader and it shows back in stock. Yesterday, it showed out of stock. But it is not showing up on the Outlet Reader page. Maybe they had a few more than they thought. It did let me order one though. Have to see if it ships.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666257995

Last edited by retro; 04-04-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added link
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
hopkinsenglish
Connoisseur
hopkinsenglish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
I ordered one and it came in the mail yesterday. After numerous attempts at soft resetting and charging it (it seemed to be completely dead) I called tech support. We tried various things and the bloody device wouldn't boot up or even show up on my computer.

A replacement one is in the mail, which is surprising considering what everyone else has confirmed on the out of stock status.

I'll let you guys know if it does arrive. Disappointing, but hopefully after it's all said and done I'll have a working 350.
hopkinsenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
moyogi2
ereader apprentice guru
moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-T1, Sony 300 (so far)
I got one!
moyogi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #8
hopkinsenglish
Connoisseur

Looks like they're back in stock now. Once you add it to your cart there will be a $9.99 discount, bringing the total to a reasonable $59.98.

Not bad, considering that the PRS-350 was $149.99 when it first came out.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
GOT ONE
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #10
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsenglish View Post
Not bad, considering that the PRS-350 was $149.99 when it first came out.
They were $179.95 when they first came out. The first real discounted sale was for $50 off putting them at $129.95, which was when I bought my first.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
hopkinsenglish
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
They were $179.95 when they first came out. The first real discounted sale was for $50 off putting them at $129.95, which was when I bought my first.
Ah, yes. You're right. Wow! That makes it even better!

I'm comparing my 350 with T1 and I guess I'm surprised that the T1 has basically the same width. Other obvious differences - back button, taller screen, mini-SD slot, Wifi, etc. - are nice, but I'm almost going to give the win to the 350.

Perhaps if I were comparing a 350 at $59.98 and a T1 at the price I would view it differently, however.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They also have a T1 refurbished for $98-$99 (can't remember exactly).

Thanks mobileread! I just emailed a screen shot of the discounted price so should be able to get them to match it and reimburse me the $9.99 extra I paid 10 days ago for 2 of these. Mine work fine, by the way.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #13
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelec View Post
They also have a T1 refurbished for $98-$99 (can't remember exactly).

Thanks mobileread! I just emailed a screen shot of the discounted price so should be able to get them to match it and reimburse me the $9.99 extra I paid 10 days ago for 2 of these. Mine work fine, by the way.
Reply back and let us know what they say I bought one at the 69.99
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #14
mbelec
Addict

They said:
"Thanks for shopping with Sony!
Thank your for your reply. As of this time, the price for the Refurbished Reader Pocket Edition on our website is $62.99 (less $9.00 promotional discount). Kindly clear your cookies and cache, then add the item in your shopping cart again. You will see the updated price for the unit.
Please let me know if you have any further questions; I'm here to help.
Thanks for choosing Sony"

I replied to them something to the effect of will they match the price or not. If they're able to see their own online price then why did they ask me for a screenshot of the pricing?! I deleted my cookies as instructed and it still shows $59.99 in the shopping cart so I'm not sure what they're talking about.

Sometimes I think they're just stringing me along until the 30 days are up so they don't have to match a price. Sigh!

Will update.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #15
mbelec
Addict

Laughing dragons:

Here's my reply today:
"Thanks for shopping with Sony!

I was able to issue a credit on order #... in the amount of $20.98. Your credit reference number is #.... You should be able to see your credit on your bank statement no later than 7-10 business days.
Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with."

So I'd say you should email them; send them a screen shot of the sale price in the shopping cart with your request and they should honor it. Now this is really a deal.