Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #31
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
OK, here's a zip file that contains (1) valleytest.epub, with content.opf as written by InDesign 4.0 epub export; (2) content.opf.034, content.opf after opening and save-as in Sigil-0.3.4; and (3) content.opf.041 after opening, fixing date metadata, and save-as in Sigil-0.4.1

The epub from indesign contains one error per FlightCrew, namely a malformed date. This is a known bug in ID4. Sigil 034 fixes this in passing, silently. Sigil 041 does not. (Not that it should, necessarily.)
Fixed for 0.4.2.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #32
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
But there's a difference between 0.3.4 and 0.4 in that 0.3.4 will add the xml namespace references for opf and dc to the <metadata> tag if they aren't already there. Thus,

Code:
<metadata>
becomes
Code:
<metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
version 0.4.0+ does not do this.
It does if you're creating a new ePub and importing the html.

When editing ePubs, though, the 0.4 behaviour was to try to avoid changing the opf unless it needs to, because that's what people asked for. When you add elements that require a particular prefix, it adds the prefix where it's needed. This is really more of an issue with assumptions made in the workflow, but I see John has changed it back to the old method.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #33
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Now, there is a difference between poor and unreadable. I'm okay with poor (as I said that's intentional) but if people are having trouble distinguishing the numbers, that's a different story.
Sitting at my normal distance from the screen and without the aid of a magnifying glass I am unable to distinguish the numbers.

Maybe, in the future, bionic eyes will be available to replace those that are worn out. But so far I'm slap out o'luck.

Regards - John

P.S. What does a gold star in front of a bug/enhancement number mean. Enhancement number 637 for instance. I am a huge proponent of this one.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #34
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
P.S. What does a gold star in front of a bug/enhancement number mean. Enhancement number 637 for instance. I am a huge proponent of this one.
It means you'll be informed about any comments or changes in status for this issue.

So far we've just been concentrating on fixing all the bugs and major omissions that were left over in 0.4.0. New features will be coming in 0.5.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #35
adv_dp_fan
Zealot
adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!

Device: Sony 505, iPad 1 & 3, Galaxy Note 8.1
I am having an issue with the "Fix" dialog that pops up in code view. It pops up and I click "fix manually" and I'm dropped back into code view that the point of the error BUT, all of the edits I made to the page are lost. I am having to go back and remake each of them each time which is driving me nuts. If I get one thing wrong I have to redo the whole page and take a chance I missed something else again.

EDIT: Which is a pain as I was working on a page, an IM came in stealing focus which popped up the dialog. I hate Window's focus stealing behavior, it is a pain for multitasking.
adv_dp_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #36
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv_dp_fan View Post
I am having an issue with the "Fix" dialog that pops up in code view. It pops up and I click "fix manually" and I'm dropped back into code view that the point of the error BUT, all of the edits I made to the page are lost. I am having to go back and remake each of them each time which is driving me nuts. If I get one thing wrong I have to redo the whole page and take a chance I missed something else again.
There was a bug with 0.4.0 with this happening. I fixed it in 0.4.1 and I haven't been able to recreate the issue. Can you give some detail on what your doing prior to the dialog?
Old 08-27-2011, 08:16 PM   #37
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Sitting at my normal distance from the screen and without the aid of a magnifying glass I am unable to distinguish the numbers.
I'll make them a bit darker for 0.4.2.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #38
adv_dp_fan
Zealot
adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!adv_dp_fan will blow your mind, man!

Device: Sony 505, iPad 1 & 3, Galaxy Note 8.1
Quote:
There was a bug with 0.4.0 with this happening. I fixed it in 0.4.1 and I haven't been able to recreate the issue. Can you give some detail on what your doing prior to the dialog?
Hmm, well I was combining several <p>s into one with <br/> between them and removing <span>s in the different <p>s. Had changed several and forgot to remove a </span> in one and when I told it "fix manually", it dropped me back with all of them reverted to before I edited any of it.

I will see if I can work up a simple test case that repeats it.
adv_dp_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #39
charleski
Wizard

Quote:
I will see if I can work up a simple test case that repeats it.
Actually you mentioned the important event in your earlier postscript - you had an IM window that stole focus. I think the focus-handling needs to be rewritten to work differently.

[Edit] fixed for 0.4.2

Last edited by charleski; 08-28-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #40
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Hmm, well I was combining several <p>s into one with <br/> between them and removing <span>s in the different <p>s.
That explains it... I didn't know Sigil was smart enough to change the <br /> back to paragraphs...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #41
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
It does if you're creating a new ePub and importing the html.

When editing ePubs, though, the 0.4 behaviour was to try to avoid changing the opf unless it needs to, because that's what people asked for. When you add elements that require a particular prefix, it adds the prefix where it's needed. This is really more of an issue with assumptions made in the workflow, but I see John has changed it back to the old method.
I suspected that might be the case, and I have a great deal of sympathy for that approach (i.e. no -- or few -- silent modifications without warning). In my case, since I'm in there editing the opf already, I wouldn't be unhappy with either approach. Once I figured out what was going on, that is.

That said, I don't see any harm in making sure the xmlns references are there, even if possibly unneeded; and putting them in the <metadata> tag seems to me to be the most reasonable place in general.

In any event, thank you and John for your hard work on Sigil!

st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #42
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Yes, I'm very pleased by all this pointing out bugs and then having them stop happening. It says good things about the future of Sigil.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:20 AM   #43
tombarys
tombarys began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Unhappy http://code.google.com/p/sigil/ does not work - error 500

Quote:
0.4.1 is now available. See this for the full release announcement.
The Sigil page on google code does not work.
Help, please!
tombarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:36 AM   #44
cuthbert19
Enthusiast
cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cuthbert19 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombarys View Post
The Sigil page on google code does not work.
Help, please!
It works perfectly well as of now (15 minutes after your post).
cuthbert19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #45
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
A new issue seems to have cropped up in 0.4.1. If you highlight text then indent right, text which is separated by </br> becomes double spaced. If you indent left again, all the text is single spaced except the last line which stays double spaced and sometimes the selection includes text that wasn't selected in the first place.

This seems to happen when you first open a document, later, it seems to not happen. This is relation to a few lines of poetry in the middle of an otherwise prose document.

Aught unsavoury or unclean
Hath my insect never seen
But violets and bilberry bells
Maple sap and daffodils

Grass with green flag half-mast high;
Succory to match the sky,
Columbine with horn of honey
Scented fern and acrimony

Clover, catchfly, adder's tongue
And brier-roses dwelt among,
All besides was unknown waste
All was picture as he passed.