Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-06-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
brett
brett began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 770/Palm TX
Can FBReader read ebooks from Palm store?

I'm a newbie. I have a Nokia 770 and a Palm TX. I'd like to start downloading ebooks that I can read on either device - the 770 is an awesome ebook reader, but I have the TX with me all the time. Can anyone tell me the ebook stores I can go to and the formats I can download that will be immediately readable on both devices? Thanks.
brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
rsperberg
Zealot
rsperberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
FBReader will read content in these formats: FictionBook fb2, Plucker pdb, aportis doc, Weasel zTxt, html and text.

As far as I know, no online bookstores sell any e-books in these formats. Well, take that back -- some smaller publishers have long sold their titles in html. As does Baen, both with its websubscriptions and its free e-book library.

FBReader does not read any e-books in proprietary, DRMed formats, which is what the e-bookstores deal with. No e-reading programs that do handle such formats run on the Nokia 770 at present.
rsperberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
filip
Addict
filip can extract oil from cheesefilip can extract oil from cheesefilip can extract oil from cheesefilip can extract oil from cheesefilip can extract oil from cheesefilip can extract oil from cheesefilip can extract oil from cheesefilip can extract oil from cheesefilip can extract oil from cheese

Device: n810 -- PRS600
Quote:
As far as I know, no online bookstores sell any e-books in these formats.
Just to make a corect statement : fictionwise publish some of its books/small stories as palm doc, mobilepocket, pdf (and others) in open format without the bad drm.
filip is offline   Reply With Quote